We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

We met Kenneth Desmond, aka Pig, or Captain Pig, on Reduit Beach in front of Saluna Water Sports. He can take you on a day or sunset cruise on a spacious motorized launch. We had to take a leap of faith in hiring him, but it turned out to be very worth the US$380 (tip included). We were picked up at Happy Days Bar, and were on the water for almost 6 hours. We motored down to the Pitons and on the way back to Rodney Bay we stopped off for lunch in Marigot. Captain Pig has a lot of local knowledge and is very safe. He knows all the best snorkeling spots and plays great music on board. If you really want to do something a bit more customized than the big, group charter, find Captain Pig (Kenneth) by asking the beach-lounge/umbrella vendors.

Shoreline...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

Hello,

I know Kenneth Desmond aka "Piggy" and was distressed to read that he was murdered on Dec. 10, 2010 as published in the St. Lucia News. Is this the same person? When was the chartered boat trip? Thank you. He will be missed.

2. Re: Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 15:05
Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear that. Our trip was November 25th - December 6th, so it was shortly before then. My husband, who wrote the posting, also died in December, so it's sad all around. Kenneth was a very gentle and kind person.

4. Re: Rodney Bay Boat Tour - Captain Pig

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 16:19