We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to call home

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
best way to call home

What is the best/cheapest way to call home? We will be leaving a little one at home with the grandparents and I'm sure I will want to call home on a daily basis. Cell phone I imagine would be pretty expensive. A calling card of some sort? Ideas?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: best way to call home

I'm tagging on here. We are staying at Grande where would we purchase the prepaid phone?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: best way to call home

We are staying at the Grande, where would we purchase a phone?

Edited: 22 March 2011, 05:28
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,959 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best way to call home

you can purchase a digicel phone at any Digicel outlet on the island. There are several in Rodney Bay village, in both Baywalk and JQ malls.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best way to call home

I purchased a Digicel phone in Jamaica, does anyone know if I can use it in St Lucia if I buy a new sim card?

Edited: 23 March 2011, 09:06
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best way to call home

It will depend on whether it is locked or not. I bought a cheap one in St. Vincent and have no problem loading digicel sim cards from other EC countries, but when I tried to load a digicel sim from the French side of St. Martin it wouldn't work, same thing happened in BVI's. One of the other crew members had a more expensive digicel phone from either Antigua or St Lucia and was able to use the St. Martin sim.

16. Re: best way to call home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:19