We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

We are Sandals regulars and have been to most Sandals, including SGSL. The Grande is one of our favorites and we were there last April. We are looking at a return for next year and were wondering what's new at the Grande. We would appreciate your thoughts on the Grande and anything new that is happening there, thanks.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

We travel extensively, usually eight or more times a year. With this in mind we do enjoy our Sandals trips and the absolute rest and relaxation that comes with our 2 - 4 trips to different Sandals each year.

The Grande is one of our favorites because of the great beach and the pool choices. Lots of great restaurant options and a great staff. I will be posting some pictures from our last trip to the Grande. What else is happening at the Grande?

Edited: 17 November 2012, 08:47
North Dakota
Level Contributor
546 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

I am looking forward to hearing the changes too! It is our favorite resort too. We were there last February. Can't wait for our return!

I have heard Mr Winston Anderson is leaving, or has left. Otherwise I keep in contact with some of the staff and haven't heard much from them.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
3. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Hi NDB. Winston has left, but is still in the Sandals family. The new GM is the GM from SWH, Carl Beviere. Winston was a great guy and I'm sure will be missed. However, Carl is one of the best GM's we've had the chance to meet. He worked wonders with the SWH property and really upgraded the management team at WH. I certainly expect him to be a strong leader and great people person at SGSL as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
4. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Have you noticed the recent photos of the new fire pit and seating area at the Sandals Halcyon and the Sandals Grande, they look like a lovely addition to these resorts.

Photo for the Grande ~Lounge &fire relaxing area (1yojo52, Nov 2012)~

Edited: 18 November 2012, 06:49
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
5. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Flowers, thanks. Do you have a link to the picture?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
6. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147344-d263…

It's in the photos from “Our Amazing Week” review

Reviewed November 13, 2012 NEW

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
7. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Great pictures Flowers, thanks for the link and sharing. The new fire pits look fantastic.

What is the status of the Appleton Rum at SGSL? Is it in the rooms, bars and at the Return Guest Dinner?

North Dakota
Level Contributor
546 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

RandB- glad to hear that the new GM, Carl does a great job. It sounds like a positive change for both him and Winston!

I'll have to check the pictures out of the fire pits next. Sounds neat!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
9. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

RandB

Prior to all the Sandals resorts switching to the El Dorado rum, I do believe for return guest dinner (gift) and the in-room bar/concierge rooms were stocked using the local St. Lucian Bounty rum.

I guess, it will be interesting to hear, if the St.Lucia S resorts will go back to Bounty or switch to the Appleton?

http://www.saintluciarums.com/bounty.html

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
176 reviews
10. Re: We love Sandals Grande St. Lucian, so what's new?

Thanks Flowers. I can see them stocking the local St. Lucia rum. But it will be interesting to see what they use.