We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air options?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
60 reviews
Air options?

Hi there!

We have already booked a villa on Marigot Bay October 30-November 8. Before I booked around Christmas I researched air just to get a idea of flights etc and prices. Of course rates weren’t released yet but could compare other dates to get a idea. There were at least three carriers doing regular flights and now they seem to have really cut back. American has flights that gets there the shortest and are running about 1500 for two people which is also running higher then when we booked the villa. Jet Blue had flights from Raleigh and now they seem to only be doing from NYC.

Does anyone know of another variation to save money on flights there without having next day arrivals?

Background info we are two couples. Two of us live in Wilmington, NC and looking at flying from Raleigh. This could be changed if the rate from another is better. The other couple are in Texas and could fly from Austin or Dallas.

Is there another way I am missing? I’ve looked at Jet Blue to NYC then NYC to St Lucia and that doesn’t save any money. I also realize Jet Blue only has rates out till October 27 but based on the current schedules they seem to be pretty consistent on flight times.

Thanks so much I’m advance for any other route suggestions.

4 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
14,093 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Air options?

Flights are limited. And you'll be traveling before peak season, when many carriers lay on extra flights.

AA through Charlotte or Miami. JetBlue through JFK. (Boston or elsewhere doesn't start till late December usually). Delta through Atlanta. And that's about it for that time if year out of USA.

In high season, ie late December through April, we may see flights from Chicago or Philadelphia, Boston, etc - but they're more limited to once or twice a week, and again, not during your dates. $1200-1500 is pretty average for AA through Miami. Hasn't changed a whole heck of a lot in 15 years.

Good luck.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Air options?

Ok thanks. Will probably end up with American out of Raleigh. Just hope the rates drop below the 1500.00 range for 2.

I don’t know why Jet Blue doesn’t have a Rdu to Saint Lucia. You would have to do RDU to NYC then to St Lucia. Hoping when JetBlue opens past October 27 they will have this route added back.

High Point, North...
Level Contributor
19 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: Air options?

To my knowledge American Airlines is the best choice, or going delta via Atlanta.....

We leave in Greensboro and always drive to Charlotte and go non stop to UVF.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Air options?

We're looking at summer and the best rates for us are out of Greensboro on Delta. AA through Charlotte is more expensive and apparently Jetblue's flights out of RDU are seasonal only because I can't find any :(

Reply to: Air options?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted