We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Family holiday

Hi.

I posted a few questions yesterday in different forums as we was unsure on where to holiday this year!

We have last night settled on St Lucia! :)

I’m just wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction for a good area and hotel?

We have a 11year old daughter as well?

Budget probably around 5k for 2 weeks?

Also possible all inclusive?

Any advice on flights? I’m guessing it will be from London?

Thanks in advance!

Nathan.

10 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Family holiday

Help us out a little more, please.

5K = 5000 US dollars? UK pounds?

Does the 5k include flights for three people and activities? Or just accommodations and food?

And what about your interests? Do you want local and laid-back, with hiking and lots of active activities? Or just hanging out at the beach with a little swimming and maybe a day touring around?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Family holiday

and approx dates?

STEVE

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Family holiday

Hi thanks for your reply

We was thinking 5k English pounds for the hotel and flights. Ideally all inclusive?

We would like to go in may.

We do like to get around and see where we are, also love the beaches, water parks, and boat trips.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Family holiday

Nathan,

Flights will prob be from London. I am not sure if there is still a Manchester option. If you want to go all inclusive and within the budget stated you really have 3 options re hotels

Coconut Bay which is at the Southern tip of the Island, very close to the airport which is a bonus but otherwise a bit isolated.

Morgan Bay and Papillion are in the North of the island.

From all 3 hotels you will prob want to do a day trip touring the island to see the sights, the Pitons, Volcano, Gardens, Waterfall etc.This can be partially done by boat

The north is a bit more tourist orientated with things like the waterpark at Rodney Bay (Where Papillion is situated) The other main area is Soufriere where a lot of the attractions are but there are no AI hotels there that are in your budget range.

You could look into non AI options. In Rodney Bay there are loads of places to eat/drink at all price points. Look at Coco Palm and the Bay Gardens Group of Hotels. These are non AI but you can add on an AI package if you wish but as I said there are lots of eating/drinking options and unless you are going to drink bucketfuls. AI works more expensive and restricts choice. Your call.

You need to look at all the usual UK operators eg BA Hols, Virgin, Thomas Cook etc. May is a good month for a bargain so have a good look around for a special offer.

STEVE

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Family holiday

Thanks Steve!

I will look into what you have suggested!

I take it we shouldn’t worry regards the weather in may?

Thanks again been most helpful.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Family holiday

Hi Nathan, have a look at Thomas Cook airlines they fly from Manchester, we visited St Lucia twice and each time we have flown with them, must say that we organised our own flights and accomodation

Berkshire
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: Family holiday

Weather in May will be fine

STEVE

Manchester, United...
7 posts
8. Re: Family holiday

Can I ask what is a good price for a direct flight?

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
259 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Family holiday

With the child I would add Royalton as well for AI. If its just hanging out at the beach I would stay at Coconut Bay, you can easily get a day tour through the hotel to Soufriere for the attractions and it will be only 45 minutes away . I don't believe Thomas Cook flies in the summer but you can always check. Otherwise it's Virgin Atlantic or British Airways through London.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Family holiday

Also you might consider Windjammer Landing. You have an AI option, which includes all water sports as well. My kids, 9 and 12 loved it this summer! Even if you aren't big drinkers, the kids can get smoothies and ice cream on the AI as well as food. Most of the villas have fully equipped kitchens, too, so you could choose to cook or only do half the trip using the AI option. It is really a wonderful place!

Reply to: Family holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted