We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or not?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
All inclusive or not?

Hello, hope i can get some help here. We are thinking Santa Lucia for 10 days in August, we will stay at Windjammer Landing, in a 2 bedroom villa as will be 2 adults and 2 kids. Do we go all inclusive?? can anyone tell me how high are the prices in restaurants for this specific resort? all inclusive will add £3500 for 10 days and it is a lot of money, so i want to know if we would pay for our meals in the resort will be cheaper?Thank you so much for your help!

14 replies to this topic
preston
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: All inclusive or not?

Just visited St Lucia for one week , I'm not a big fan of All Inclusive and never book this but the prices for meals is expensive , a Chinese meal for two cost £125 , two soups and two burgers over £80, two starters and two currys £120, two fish and chips £70, all the food is great but expensive .

It is a real pity it is expensive as A I looks the better option at the moment , a family of 4 I would budget £150 a night.

Cheaper restaurants will be available I'm just highlighting the prices I have just paid .

Have a great holiday the local people are great.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: All inclusive or not?

Thx , it is pretty pricey...can you tell me is this were prices on the restaurants in the resort you were staying or out and about in not so touristic places as we plan to visit the local area nearby. The Ai option for us was £90/day/person ,we do find it a bit expensive especially as we have 2 kids and they aren't big eaters. We will stay at Windjammer Landings.

Edited: 09 March 2017, 01:05
preston
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: All inclusive or not?

I stayed in Rodney Bay in the Coco Palm Hotel I didn't use the hotel restaurant all my meals where in the local restaurants and bars , it's a tough decision even with the expensive price of food would I go All Inclusive next year I just don't know.

Windjammer Landings looks great I've never visited this area only seen it from the sea so not sure what is available in that area .

preston
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: All inclusive or not?

£90 per day per person that does sound expensive .

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: All inclusive or not?

Catalina - do a search on the forum. Another person had the exact same question a few weeks back. Search under my posts on the forum - you can find the thread that way.

Short answer - unless you are really big eaters or drinkers, you are going to be better off without the meal plan.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: All inclusive or not?

Thank you all for your advice... booked the villa!! So looking forward to it. This forum is the best ever and really helpful advice.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
14,093 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: All inclusive or not?

Fortunately, you can always add the AI package at Windjammer after you've arrived and had a look at menus, prices, etc for yourself. I believe you cab take it on a daily basis, buy it may have to be done in 3 day blocks - you'll have to double check that. It definitely doesn't have to be purchased for the entire duration.. Also take into account hoe much you may be off property exploring the island. Pointless to pay AI then be out and about exploring what makes St Lucia do unique and paying again for food and drink...

Tourist oriented restaurants are going to be more pricey than more local places as they tend towards more imported goods, and products, which drives the price up. Eat more local and you'll see much less expensive prices. Lots of places to eat less expensive than quoted above in Rodney Bay, try the food court upstairs the JQ Mall, the roti lady on the beach, the food trucks, the sandwiches at Massey Supermarket, Triangle Pub, Wingz n Tingz, Coconutz, stock up on some easy lunch and breakfast fixings and drinks and snacks, etc. Gros Islet has loads of local eats where a full fresh caught and grilled fish meal for dinner would run maybe $25-35ec dollars, chicken meals would be slightly less.

Enjoy your visit!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
1 post
8. Re: All inclusive or not?

Mmmm.mmmm. chicken and piton by Hendricks. Chairmans and snapper by Kitch happy nights

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: All inclusive or not?

Thx a lot for the info... we plan to be out and about visiting the island and trying all local foods...

Wickersley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
10. Re: All inclusive or not?

Hi, I would be really interested to know how your holiday went in August. We are looking at doing something similar and were wondering about AI verses room only. Would really appreciate your thoughts.

Reply to: All inclusive or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted