We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yunque

E A
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Yunque

I'm going to the PR. Can I walk Yunque on my own? Should I find a tour group to get a good experience? If so, can anyone recommend one?

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: Yunque

It is best to do it on your own. The visitor center will provide maps and trail recommendations as well as all the background you can use. It is more pleasant doing the trails without a group of 20 -30 stepping on each other.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Yunque

It's also a US National Forest. There is a nice website with trail maps and information.

Edgewater, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
227 reviews
3. Re: Yunque

Just back - you do not need a tour - do it on your own. Pay the few dollars to enter the El Portal visitor's center to see the displays and get a map of the trails then head out up the mountainside - couldn't be any easier. Wear your bathing suit (and bring water shoes if you have them) if you want to swim under the waterfall (20 min hike to La Mina falls)...

4. Re: Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...