We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay at Casa Cubuy without car

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
stay at Casa Cubuy without car

How will I get to Casa Cubuy in Vieques from SJ airport (and back of course) without a car? I'm just looking for some beauty and peace and have no hiking or otherwise agenda. I don't want a car and think I know what the limitations are.

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

I think you are a but confused. Casa Cubuy is on the south side of El Yuqnue, in Naguabo(?). I think they run some places over on Vieques, but they are different places.

You might be best calling them to make sure you are booking where you think you are, and I bet they would have an idea of someone who could be a driver for you.

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

Yes, I was confused. I had been trying to find an eco-lodge and forgot where this one was. I'm booked and I have a driver picking me up to take me to Casa Cubuy. I'm psyched. Thanks for your response.

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

I'm looking into staying at the Casa Cubuy. I'm interested to find a topographical map of the El Yunque National Forest. Does one exist? I would also like to get a topo map for Bosque Estatal De Toro Negro. Can anyone help me find these maps?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The El Yunque National Forest
The El Yunque National...
175 Reviews
Puerto Rico
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

Rover- we have a "Trails illustrated map" from National Geographic called "Caribbean- national forest El Yunque recreation area". We bought it at El Yunque (at one of the gift shops) years ago. It has the elevation changes mapped, rivers, trails, private property areas etc of the whole 28000 acre area. And it is bi-lingual.

I do not know if it is still available, but you can look for it online.

I don't know about a map for Toro Negro.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

Flowerfarm - Thank you for your response! After posting I continued to surf the web and came across this website: www.omnimap.com/catalog/cats/puerto.htm.

I have used National Geographic trail maps like these before and they are among my favorites. Check it out if you don't already have all the trails memorized my heart :-)

6. Re: stay at Casa Cubuy without car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...