We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zip line

uniondale, penna
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
zip line

is there an age limit for the zip line? we are active 65 +

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zip line

I do not think there is an age limit. It all depends on how physically fit you are. Not sure if you were thinking of zip lining in the National Forrest, but sports activities are not allowed in El Yunque.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zip line

Agree. No age limit. If you can make it to the ziplines, you can ride them. It's a hike. Can you hike a mile or so uphill and climb stairs, I want to say a 10 story building worth of climbing, rocks, steep inclines. If so, go for it and have fun.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zip line

My active mother crossed it off her bucket list at 73yo. No problems. But it is possible each zip line company will have an age limit for their lines (depends on their rules). You should check with them before assuming.

But zip lining in general doesn't exclude based on age. But you may need to be able to raise both arms above and behind your head. And the next day, you will feel some abdominal muscles that were used. Not all the companies have a hike to the lines, though some do. Of the 2 zip line companies in the El Yunque area, Yunke has a hike, The Rain Forest Zip line Corp does not.

Have fun!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zip line

Thanks for the info Flowerfarm, I might try the Rain Forest Zip line one come June during my next visit.

5. Re: zip line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...