We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

We are thinking of taking the Bacardi Rum Tour while we are in Puerto Rico on our cruise. We are traveling though with our 15 month old son. We were trying to not have to take the car seat and I was wondering how we would get from Catano (after taking the ferry) to the Bacardi Tour. Is it very far? Is the only option a taxi?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

From the ferry to Bacardi, yes, taxi is the only feasible way.

Just as an FYI- car seats are not required by PR law to be used in taxis.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

It's a quick drive but a long and unsafe walk from the ferry dock at Cataño to the Bacardí Factory.

I'd definitely take the taxi.

New York, NY
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

Hi, I am wondering if you found an answer to this or if you got directions from anyone. I remember walking from the Catano ferry to Bacardi and it wasn't bad (unless not accustomed to walking much). I am returning to PR and can't find walking directions online anywhere!!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

While I have not done it and would not do it, I looked at an online map for directions. Looking at the map it looks like you walk out of the ferry terminal turn right and walk on road 888 until you get to Bacardi. It is about 2 miles.

I have only driven RT 165 there, which is a busy highway.

The taxi is $3 each way to Bacardi from the ferry.

5. Re: From Catano to Bacardi Rum Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 16:15