We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril Nude Beach Question

Orange County...
2 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

We are planning our honeymoon to Jamaica in November. I can't decide between CSA and CN. Truth be told, I am nervous about the nude beach at CN. I would prefer not to see nude people constantly. Topless doesn't bother me, it's just the bottom! lol! Is the nude beach away from the regular beach?

Also, which place has the best food? We love our food!!

Thank you so much!

Virginia
Level Contributor
307 posts
1. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

to each his/her own.................................but.....my bet is that after a day or so......probably not even that long ........you'd not even notice the "bottom."

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

Couples nude beach adjoins Breezes Grand resort. It is separated from the clothed beach by vegetation, and unless you walk by that area, you won't be exposed to those naughty people. :-)

Edited: 10 years ago
Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
653 posts
3. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

We've stayed at CN twice and you really don't notice there is a nude beach unless you make a point to notice it. It's a non-issue IMO. In response to your question about the food: I think the high-end restaurant at CN (Oteheite) is better than anything at CSA, but overall I like the food slightly better at CSA.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
4. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

We have been to CN before and have another trip scheduled. We did not partake in the nude beach option. Not our style.

The entire length of the beach at CN is about 350 yards long. At the far southern end, the last 40 yards or so is where the au natural section is located. It is separated from the rest of the beach by a hedge row on three sides (open to the water). You wouldn't even know it's there if you were not aware of it ahead of time. Because of the hedgerow, you will not see the folks enjoying that area of the beach. You might see someone nude strolling into the sea, but most people will cover themselves on the way into the water. When we were there, we were in building 9 (immediately adjacent to/behind the nude beach) so we usually set our chairs right near the hedgerow outside the nude area. We rarely saw anyone nude. Of course we were not looking for it either. Especially if you are lounging on the northern end of the beach, you won't see much if anything. No worries.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

Go to CSA...better beach...great food...great staff...problem solved.

We went to CSA last winter and are returning this winter. The nude beach thing creeped out my wife as well. I had CN picked down to my preferred room, but then when I read some comments about these rooms they mentioned "good view of the nude beach" and I figured ...great for me...not so great for the wife! So CSA it was and no regrets at all!

Good luck..you can't go wrong!

CLINTON, IOWA
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

Time4usnow I think your way off!!! The beach at couples Negril is the better of the two! As far as the nude beach thing my wife and I were there last september and we will be heading down in 52 day and the nude beach wasn't an issue i did not see on person on it the whole week we were there! CN is a great place i think you will be thrilled if you pick it!

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
129 posts
214 reviews
137 helpful votes
7. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

Personally, I think the "nude beach" at CN is there so they can claim to have one, not to actually be used. You have to be quite an exhibitionist to use the beach as it is very open to everyone strolling along on the beach. So "gawkers" would be a constant problem there. I never saw more than three or four people on that section of the beach.

Maybe some weeks it is more popular, but I doubt it. CTI and CSS appear to have useful AN beaches, but not CN.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
692 posts
8 reviews
83 helpful votes
8. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

We've stayed at both recently - CN in January, CSA in July - you really can't go wrong with either. Not very helpful, I know. Both have absolutely gorgeous beaches. My #1 beach gravity experience happened at CN - it was time for dinner and I really really didn't want to leave the beach. Don't worry about the nude beach at CN - as others have said it's not a factor unless you go there. Even if you do walk by it (and that would be if you were walking the beach, towards Breezes) you won't see a thing if you don't look to the left. I think the food at CN is excellent, but the food at CSA is super-duper excellent - every meal we had was outstanding.. CSA is my favorite of the 2 resorts, because of its lush vegetation, the wonderful sports facility (including a bar where you can savor a Guinness after your workout), Sea Grape Cafe (an almost-vegetarian cafe right on the beach), and Patois Patio, where you can have excellent a la carte breakfasts (and great pizzas later in the day).

Mary

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

Simply avert your eyes and mind your own business if there is something that offends you....

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
23 reviews
111 helpful votes
10. Re: Couples Negril Nude Beach Question
Save

We just left CN yesterday morning after 8 wonderful days. Don't worry at all about the nude beach, unless you really go looking you will not see anything. Even walking by the nude beach all you will see is a couple or two enjoying the sun and not flaunting what God gave them.

You will love it.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.