We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGR activites

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moriches, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SGR activites

I was just wondering what is the best way to know what is going on around the resort and when? Do they give you an itinerary when checking in, or a daily newsletter or something?

My husband and I stayed at Sandals La Toc in St.Lucia and didn't have this but it was a much smaller resort and we could usually catch what was going on just by word of mouth by other guests.

Since SGR is basically 2 resorts in 1 what is the best way to stay on top of things?

Also, this one is mainly for the ladies, how are the hair dryers in the room? Is it worth it to pack my own or do the ones they provide do a well enough job.

Thanks in advance!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SGR activites

They have a daily newsletter. Downstairs in the Great House and in the Riviera Lobby they have the menus for all of the restaurants. As for the hairdryer-- I finally stopped lugging mine along--- theirs works just fine.

Moriches, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SGR activites

Great thanks!

no hair dryer = more room for shoes. LOL!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SGR activites

Awesome question, I too would love to know-- we're headed there this Friday!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SGR activites

I just got back from there on Saturday. The daily activities report will either appear under your door the night before or the turndown service will put it in your room. The hair dryer worked well!

Have a great time!!!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SGR activites

My hair never drys in the islands - hair dryer or not! To much humidity

6. Re: SGR activites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:16