We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

I cannot make up my mind which Sandals

might be better. I am going with my

husband and another couple. They both

look really nice. Who has the nicer

pool out of the 2. Let me know. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
519 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

Based on the layout of the resorts and a few extras we like SRC more. We like the private island and the resort is a little further away from the airport.

Pools are about the same from what I can remember with maybe a little more to offer at SMB. You'll have more beach at SMB.

Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

Whichever one of the two you decide on, remember a quick 10 minute free shuttle gets you to the other......so you get the best of both then! Use all the facilities of both resorts - a win/win situation!

Sure you'll have a great time....we're going to the Royal in Dec, but will use MB as well.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

Better pools at SRC but bigger and nicer beach at SMB. SRC is a more laid back and smaller resort. SMB is more active if you want to participate in games and entertainment. SRC is remodeling some of the rooms and making more River Suites. SMB has also done a lot of remodeling and have the Bay Roc Suites.

We'll be leaving 9/19 for SMB

McDonough Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

SRC actually has two pools. One is smaller and is located at the far end of the resort and the main pool has the games and swim up bar. SRC also has the 'clothing optional' island which is very secluded and quiet. The water on the other side of the island is very clear and you can bring pool rafts out to the ocean to enjoy. When we ventured over to Montego Bay resort we sat outside by the pool and had a few drinks. There seemed to be alot of people 'walking through' to get to their rooms and other spots of the resort, but there weren't alot of people actually at the pool. Tough decision but since I stayed at SRC, I'm partial to that resort.....enjoy!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

SRC actually has FOUR pools: one on the island with a swim-up bar, the main pool with a swim-up bar, one by the main entrance on the south side, and one in front of the Kensington block on the east side of the resort.

In my opinion, SRC has the nicer pools. SMB has two: one swim-up and one they use for volleyball, scuba certification, etc...As the other poster mentioned, the main pool at SMB is not used very much by it's guests. Most everyone at SMB is there for the beach! ; -)

I have stayed at both of these resorts but I am also partial to SRC. Been there three times since December, 2006 and already have our 4th trip booked for April, 2009.

Good Luck!

IrieLady

6. Re: Royal Caribbean or Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 22:23