We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

Fareham
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

As this hotel is on my short list for holidays next year, can anyone answer just a few questions I have.

Firstly does the hotel experience alot of aircraft noise it being only 5 mins from the airport. Are all rooms sea facing.

Lastly what trips are worth doing and roughly the cost. Many thanks in advace Michele

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

You will experience airplkaner noise. However, it's not annoying at all. And since most of the noise is from planes landing, it's not nerarly as bad as on take off. The noise really isn't a problem.

There are a few rooms that do not have an ocean view. The majority of rooms do have the ocean view.

What trips to do really depends on what you like to do. What trips were you considering?

BD2
Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

Is there a dress code for dinner at Royal Decameron MB?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

"You will experience airplkaner noise." Really? We liked watching them come in over the water but didn't hear the planes at all. Maybe they were drowned out by the waves or the music over at the pool bar. lol.

When we went (2006/2007) all the rooms had ocean views, but I've since heard they have some "overflow" rooms that don't. If they put you in one of those, I'd absolutely request a move. We were on the top floor and had the most amazing 180 degree view over the water that we've ever had. Better than much more expensive resorts where we could only afford the back of the property. One of the best features of this resort, IMO. :)

The lack of a dress code or stuffiness is also what we loved about this resort. We wore shorts to dinner in the buffet and were fine, but decided to dress up a little for the a la carte.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

If I could only spell...

AS I said, the planes aren't all that loud becuase they are landing. It is fun to watch them come in. And yeah, the pool bar tends to distract from everything.

hampshire.U.K
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

Michele60

Remove RDMB from the short list and put it to the top.

We stayed at this hotel in January and we were concerned about the possibilities of too much noise but there was nothing to worry about so much so we are going back next weekend.You can hear the planes but not to any point where they become annoying at all. As other trip members have said it is nice watching the aircraft coming into lad from your balcony.

Fareham
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

Thanks for all your replies, at least I know I dont have to worry about the noise.

Just when I think my mind is made up I read a very bad review, I am hoping all the good reviews cant be wrong. Michele

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

I am staying there next week, so I will post photos when I get back!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

You will read negative reviews on most of the hotels once in a while. Read what it is they are actually complaining about. Some things are actually the hotels problems and they have a legitimate complaint. Others are out of the hotels control and shouldn't be blamed on the hotel.

This hotel gets some bad reviews every now and then. However, the good far outweigh the bad. I would highly recommend this hotel. We are booked now to go back next May for our fourth time. We really love this place.

Llanrhystyd, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

will look forward to your pic Suz when you get back.

We go to RDMB in Jan 09

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron Monteo Beach

Look at all of the pictures posted on here and you will get a great idea of the hotel.