We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

Miami
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

I will be stopping at the port of Falmouth for a day, and I wanted to know if it is true that there are hop on-hop off shuttle buses from there to MoBay(for example to Doctors cave beach, Rose Hall, etc). How much would a round trip cost?

Thanks ;-)

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

There is no public transportation. You will have to hire a driver on your own

Miami
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

Oh...I sure hope not....that will be very expensive!!

I've read about a bus in cruisecritic.com..and I just want to make sure that's still available(they even posted a picture with the fixed prices). I think it is some service run by the Jamaica office of tourism...they are not quite public buses

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

HMMMMM....that would be nice if it is true, I have not heard of it though.

United States
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

There is in fact limited public bus service between Falmouth and Montego Bay. See the following

www.knutsfordexpress.com/index.php…

The problem is that the public bus listed above only runs a few times a day and is not hop on-hop off. Your cruise line may offer the type of service you are looking for (??). Otherwise, consider a tour offered by the cruise line or consider use of a taxi or hire a car and driver to get to the various sights.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

rob, can you post a link to that picture of the shuttle? I'm reading through cruisecritic to see what they are saying, but can't find the picture. I've seen one reference to a hop-on-hop off shuttle,but the poster also seemed confused by they Falmouth port and the Montego Bay port. If you can post a link to the thread you are referencing, we might be able to give you better information.

Miami
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

This must be the link

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

I'm seeing references to a Hop on Hop off Shuttle from the Montego Bay port, but not from the Falmouth port. I'm still looking though.

8. Re: Hop on-hop off shuttle from Falmouth cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:15