We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult oriented resort

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Adult oriented resort

A group of friends and myself are planning a trip to Jamaica next winter. We are all early 30's and a mix of singles and couples. We are not looking for a super high end resort, something that has clean rooms, a good beach ( yes I know that is subjective) good drinks and preferably a low number of children. When we were in Cuba we did the adult only but doing some preliminary research into Jamaica it seems most of the adults only cater to couples and are pricey. For this reason I decided to throw it out there and see if any one could recommend a place that though all ages tends not to get a lot of kids for what ever reason

Thanks in advance

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult oriented resort

You may want to take a look at Breezes Grand Negril. It is adult only, not couple only. Prices are pretty reasonable, they have an amazing beach and from what I have read are known for their lamb chops.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult oriented resort

We were at Breezes Negril in January, while all of our other trips to Jamaica were to Sandals resorts. I understand your comment about not looking for a super high end resort, but we found little difference between the price of Breezes Negril and some Sandals resorts. Sandals Negril is pricier as it’s a popular area, and I’ve read comments by people who claim to have gotten very good deals for their trip to Breezes Negril.

We found Breezes Negril to be in poor repair, had surely staff and serious health and safety issues in the main buffet dining area. Two restaurants were good, the rest were not.

Sandals used to be only for heterosexual couples, but now it’s for Couples in Love, which can mean virtually anything, including taking a grandmother you love. When weddings entail single brothers and sisters of the bride, something has to give. All rooms have one king-size bed, so you and your friends would have to work that out.

Price is relative, in that Sandals doesn’t charge extra for unlimited scuba, snorkeling and other activities. The food is also much better than cheaper resorts. There’s also a returning guest program, in essence a rebate for future trips, and a free week after your 10th week.

My suggestion would be for Sandals Whitehouse, which has a great martini bar for socializing before and after dinner, as well as a new fire pits. The beach is very long, there are lots of beach chairs and no peddlers roaming up and down the beach.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult oriented resort

Thanks for the input, will look into the sandals and the Breezes

4. Re: Adult oriented resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:41