We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter-island ferry

Montreal
Level Contributor
51 posts
79 reviews
Inter-island ferry

Hi,

My simple question is: do tickets need to be purchased in advance to travel on Xpress des Îles between Guadeloupe, Marie-Galante, Dominica and Martinique? Will there be space if we purchase a week ahead?

My more complicated question, and the reason I'm asking is I don't want to purchase until I know the most economical solution...

1. I am travelling going to Marie-Galante from Guadeloupe and wanted to ferry into one port on MG and out another (due to schedule). Can I do this on a return ticket.

2. I am travelling Guadeloupe > Dominica > Martinique and wanted to buy a one way with stop over in Dominica. Can I?

Their site is not clear and you can't purchase tickets online! I've sent 2 emails with no response.

Thanks,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,062 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Inter-island ferry

Hi there,

0] No price difference and almost always seats available, so I'd wait until there.

1] Seems two separate one-ways.

2] Price of two separate one-way tickets is almost the same as a one-way PTP-FDF, so even if it's not allowed I would just go for separate tickets.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Montreal
Level Contributor
51 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Inter-island ferry

I'm back from my trip so can shed some light in case someone else needs the info.

1. Marie Galante in one port, out another is OK as a return ticket.

2. No stopover was allowed, we bought 2 one way tickets.

Also, the line ups to buy tickets at Pointe à Pitre are long! It took me over an hour to get service.

3. Re: Inter-island ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 02:17