We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about El Portillo

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Questions about El Portillo

Can anyone tell me if there are any pool view rooms or do they all face the gardens?

Also do you know if they serve Brandy Alexanders at the bar?

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about El Portillo

jaidyn1 - Welcome to Samana forum!

Regarding your question, GBP El Portillo do not offer rooms that face the pool and also no sea views, all face the gardens. Check the resort map here: …destilino.com/images/map_hotel_gbp_elportil…

As for the Brandy i really don't know...

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
630 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about El Portillo

Villa 10, 11 & 12 face the quiet pool. We were ground floor villa 11 towards villa 10. I could see my wife in the pool from our room. Although in May the bar at that pool did not open like it had last November. Those are quiet rooms, furthest from the beach though. But a lovely spot to be.

Brandy ? You fancy huh. LOL

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about El Portillo

I am very partial to Brandy Alexanders, and as far as I can remember, they were not available at El Portillo, not on the A I list, anyway.

4. Re: Questions about El Portillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 19:18