We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

I read on the forum somewhere, that someone said they took Bounce fabric softener for mosquitoes?!?!.

I have no idea what this process is. Is it the fabric softener sheets or the actual liquid?

If anyone out there knows about this procedure to fend off the little pests, I would be very interested to know what you are supposed to do with it?

Havre St. Pierre...
Level Contributor
739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

I know that you can put Bounce sheets in your pockets for wasps, but I didn't know for mosquitoes, I'll try!

northwest
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

i don't even wash my mosquitoes never mind use fabric softener on them

Havre St. Pierre...
Level Contributor
739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

You sure made me laugh!!!!!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

LOL funny. Ok I am at Punta Cana Dreams right now and I have seen one mosquito, really, not kidding. So if you are planning on being down here soon I really don't think you need to worry. Just my observations.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

LOL.... a million comedien's out of work and you're trying to be one!!! ha,ha

We are off to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro March 6th. We are taking an Rx for Malaria but I don't want to be covered in Mosquitoe bites.

The Ship that sits in the middle of the resort sits in what I have heard, "stagnant" water, which obviously attracts the pests.

Coastal Maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

Survey results have been posted on this site and everywhere else. The ONLY truly effective mosquito repellent is DEET (sorry Skin-So-soft and all the rest). We've been to the DR 8 times in all seasons and have always taken DEET and never used it and rarely been munched on.

Dave and Di

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

I am one of those people that use Bounce fabric softener as mosquito repellent. I just throw a bunch of sheets in a zip-lock bag.....I take the sheet

and rub it all over me and it has worked every time. I also take as many

scentless products as possible.....especially body lotion. I've used many different kinds of repellent with deet but this works much better for me. We are all so different but give it a try and see how it works for you. I like the smell so much better.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

You are right about the smell... but I also don't want to smell like I just jumped out of the dryer either!! LOL

We have been to Punta Cana twice and I don't remember mosquitoes and I have never taken bug repelent to any place we have been in the Caribbean or Mexico, except last year in Jamaica, we did take it for sand fleas, which we heard were bad in Tropical Bay, Negril.

Again, I am concerned about this boat that sits in the middle of the resort attracting them even more so.

Thanks for all your reply's!!

9. Re: Fabric Softener for Mosquitoes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 16:16