We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Hey if anyone has questions about this resort, just let me know!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

How was the weather?? Which restaurants did you like best?

Thanks!

Allison Park...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

We are leaving in just a few weeks-June 26th. I understand the dress code for men at the ala cartes, but are leather sandels ok for men for dinner? Also, do you think 2 teenaged girls will have enough to keep them occupied?

Counting the days now.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Do you have any pix?

New-Brunswick,
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Im going down with my friend in a couple days and we were wondering how was the crowd? We know its not a young resort but was there any people in their early twentys??

Thx for your time

J-P

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
5. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

figi28: Weather was great, only rained 3 times for about 20 minutes. It's nice though, it really cools down after a down pour.

As for restaurants we LOVED the Brazilian restaurant - Rodizio. I would NOT recommend the Japanese - Sumpitori @ the palace. The buffets were very good, especially on Dominican Night!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
6. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

bebe115: Dress code for a la cartes: No shorts, no sleeveless shirts, no swimming apparel. Sandals and flip flops are fine.

There's LOTS to do for teens, and all ages. Free of charge, they can go kayaking, and windsurfing. For a fee, there are also motorized watersports: Parasailing (LOTS OF FUN!), banana boats, speed boat rentals, etc. There are several pools with swim up bars (if they're legal). And if you are interested, the excursions are great! Theres snorkelling, ziplining, atv tours, and SO much more. For the younger teenagers there's actually like a teen "club" called Black & White, where they do all sorts of activities. Can't tell you much about that though. It's a great resort for ALL ages!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
7. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

jean_philippe32: My reply may be too late. We are actually in our 20s, and there weren't THAT many in the same age group, many staff, however were. Quite a few families, and lots of couples of all ages. There were some in our age group - most of them travelling in a group. Met a lot of great people, locals and tourists.

P.S. for anyone who didn't know, Bavaro Beach IS a topless beach! Bonus for the guys! Haha

Thamesford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Did you book with Air Transat and what area of the resort were your rooms in? We are gong next month and can hardly wait. Most of the reviews are positive. Did you enjoy the food? We aren't really picky but variety is a bonus.

New-Brunswick,
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
9. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

Thx for the info littlemissy.

We are leaving this sunday right after our last exams!!

We are looking forward to having a great time and if there is other young people wanting to party then that will be a plus!

Cheers

Markham
10 posts
10. Re: Just returned from Grand Palladium Bavaro! Any questions?

My friends and I are going July 23rd to July 30th..we are trying to manage our money..so I was wondering what were the prices for the banana boat, parasailing and speed boats and the excursions because we would love to do that! Can we bargain? Is there a set price? And what are the best drinks to get? Is the spa worth going to? Is there any free facilities at the spa? I'm sorry for so many questions, I'm just super excited to go because this will be all of our first time going to DR :)