We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport arrival

de pere wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
airport arrival

Was wondering what it is like at the aiport with all the time share hawkers. Is it like the Cancun airport

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: airport arrival

We've never experienced time share people at the airport.... ever.

Cheers, Debbie

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: airport arrival

I haven't either, Deb.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: airport arrival

None.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
138 reviews
4. Re: airport arrival

NO time share people at Pc...I have been through that stuff at Cancun, crazy huh?

I don't know why they allow it, they must pay to be there. I told a couple we were meeting in Mexico about them and to beware and they still spent 20 minutes talking to them thinking they were their cab driver...

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
5. Re: airport arrival

Never seen them, not like Mexico...no worries, just go collect your luggage and go to your tour bus or private transportation and you are on your way to the resort. There are, however, the men that come running at your once you have your luggage to take it to the bus/cab/van, etc. for you. We have our luggage with wheels and we know exactly where our private transportation will be so we take it ourselves.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: airport arrival

Not in the airport, but you will get approached on the beach and in your resort.......

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
194 reviews
7. Re: airport arrival

They just take your picture, with some of the girls dressed up in costume ...as you are entering the airport ( any everyone always looks really refreshed after a long flight...NOT) When you are returning to the airport for your departure, your pictures will be posted on a board (kind of funny how they spot you .) Also they will have some guys playing a bit of music...with a tip basket on the floor. But this is no wheres near as bad as the timeshare vultures !!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: airport arrival

"but you will get approached on the beach and in your resort......."

Really? In 5 trips I have never been approached nor have I seen them at my resort?

Deb.

Columbia, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
9. Re: airport arrival

Just returned from another woderful trip and never seen any time share hawkers at the Iberostar Bavaro or airport, never in many trips. Have met a few walking the beach but just walk on by, pay no attention to them and they go away. Never been a problem like Cancun.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: airport arrival

I know they are around but we also have never been approached in PC. Not at the airport, resort or on the beach.