We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MLB baseball games broadcasted in the DR?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
580 posts
14 reviews
MLB baseball games broadcasted in the DR?

My husband is a HUGE NY Yankees baseball fan and I was hoping we'd be able to hear and/or watch a few games while we are on vacation in the DR.

1. What cable stations in the DR might have Yankees games?

2. If I bring a radio is it possible we could hear a game on the radio (in English)?

Thanks!

Deb

Mason, OH
Level Contributor
29 posts
11. Re: MLB baseball games broadcasted in the DR?

Great to see all the Sox fans. Red Sox Nation! If there are any Red Sox fans that will be at Dreams Punta Cana on May 23-30, let's meet for a beer. Maybe we can meet some people who know Big Papi. By the way, Sox are up on the Yanks 6-3, bottom of the 9th. Go Sox!!!!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
32 reviews
12. Re: MLB baseball games broadcasted in the DR?

Yankees, Mets and Sox games are regularly covered down here...if not in English...in Spanish.

As for newspapers...sorry, but you will have to look long and hard to find a USA Today (in my 4 years here on the island I have yet to find one)....perhaps a handful of resorts have an international copy of the Miami Herald (printed by Listen Diario in Santo Domingo).

Anyways....who wants to watch the battle of the boring when you have the Jays?????? LOL

Cheers from the land of "exciting baseball".

PuntaCana Mike

13. Re: MLB baseball games broadcasted in the DR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 16:20