We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

ottawa, ont, canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

We're looking at booking for April and are wondering about Grand Oasis Bavaro and Catalonia Bavaro Beach. Any opinions?!?! Also are there any hidden costs (ie: room safe, mini bar, drinks at the disco etc...) Thanks!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,394 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

Hidden costs (ie: room safe, mini bar, drinks at the disco etc...) not at the Catalonia but some mini fridge items at Grand Oasis are charged for.

ottawa, ont, canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
2. Re: Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

Thanks hlywud...does anyone have any opinions on either resort?

Kanata, Ontario
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

We've been checking and comparing and researching since about Nov. We've chosen the Catelonia. I was comparing the very issues you mentioned as well as the TA reviews. We leave Mar 21 so I am expecting to bring back good news. I've also stayed at the Catalonia in Mexico and it was great.

ottawa, ont, canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
4. Re: Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

bump...thanks kanata!

5. Re: Grand Oasis Bavaro or Catalonia Bavaro Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 09:17