We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

Ottawa
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

Has anyone been to some of these resorts and can tell me how they compare? We have been to the Palladium 3 times and the Melia Caribe twice and are trying the Catalonia Bavaro on March 23 based on the reviews we have read on TA.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,436 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

We have been to the Palladium 5 and have been to the Catalonia Bavaro once, it is a fine resort, one of the oldest in Punta Cana but very clean and well maintained, excellent a la cartes.

You will have no problems there, beach has a little seaweed washed up in the morning and the beach north end has some coral on the bottom so beware of it.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

Hlywud:

Thanks for your feedback (from an expert, I might add!)- we had friends who went to the Cat in Feb and had problems with roaches in their rooms and the latest review on TA is not good so I'm hoping that this doesn't happen to us! We have asked for a top floor room. We have been to PC many times and have never had a problem with accomodations!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,436 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

I can honestly say that I never saw a roach while at the Catalonia. Everything was immaculately clean, I recommended for a friends family for early February and they reported they has a wondeerful time.

Millburn, New Jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
4. Re: Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

How is the beach at the Palladiums compared to the Melia? I've heard the Palladiums have one of, if not the nicest beach in Punta Cana, but on alot of traveler photos as well as some professional photos, the Melia beach looks whiter and cleaner. Also, how are the pools comparably, as well as the restaurants and entertainment?

5. Re: Palladium Bavaro, Melia Caribe and Catalonia Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 16:22