We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

Is the food really bad here?

5 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

Only spent a day but I'm pretty sure folks don't visit Breathless for the food specifically. Had lunch and dinner there and thought it was pretty good. One thing about Breathless is that not every resto is open every night. They rotate open/close schedule so that can be a bit annoying.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,354 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

Breathless opens and closes restaurants depending on occupancy just like most resorts. Have been there twice and every restaurant was open every night.

Mentioned in this post
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Breathless Punta Cana...
11,354 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

bbgamer, I have been to many resorts in PC and none had a rotating schedule for open/close restaurants even during low season so I don't believe most resorts do this that I am aware of. Still I guess it would make sense if very low occupancy.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

@slyguy - I have been to many resorts in PC and none had a rotating schedule for open/close restaurants even during low season so I don't believe most resorts do this that I am aware of. Still I guess it would make sense if very low occupancy.

EEC SCC, STV, SPM all rotate their restaurants at times.....no logic behind it that i could figure out except Occupancy.. or maybe Corporate

J

Toronto
Level Contributor
68 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica

The food is not great. I walked out of the Mediterranean restaurant it was so bad. The best one was Coquette. When I was there we were able to dine at the restaurants in Now Onyx, not sure if that changed.

I will also add that they water down the drinks and are inconsistent from bar to bar. An Amaretto sour will taste different at 3 different bars.

Reply to: Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa Punta Cana, Dominica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted