We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riu Palace

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Riu Palace

Hi Everyone! I was reading reviews on the above resort and some people were saying that it was under construction? I cannot find any info about this on their website. Can someone please advise?

Thanks so much!

7 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

The renovations to the Riu Palace Punta Cana will include an expanded main building with new rooms, a gym, a sauna and spa; a new Spanish restaurant, a patisserie, three new pools (including an expanded children’s pool) and new showers. Will be open in July.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,675 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

Riu Palace Punta Cana is indeed closed andhasbeen since last month and will open in July after a refurbishment. The renovations to the Riu Palace Punta Cana will include an expanded main building with new rooms, a gym, a sauna and spa; a new Spanish restaurant, a patisserie, three new pools (including an expanded children’s pool) and new showers.

It states on the Riu website under 'Highlights' ......... Completely refurbished in spring/ summer 2018

Angie.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

I went a walk down the beach yesterday as I'm at the Riu Palace Bavero. The Riu Punta Cana Palace is boarded off. But it looks a real construction site at the moment. Lots of Windows and construction going on at high floors / ceiling areas. I don't know how it will be finished by July.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

Lee, is your vacation getting any better?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

Got upgraded to VIP after complaining to the manager. Mainly because I went to the Japanese ala carte restaurant and was ignored by staff for 15 minutes while 2 of them tidied tables. In the end I got up and walked out.

VIP room apparently normally 100 dollars more a day despite the room being exactly the same. Now on ground floor no privacy and lost my balcony room. The only difference is I have an orange wristband not a white one now and can use the 2 small VIP pools. It really isn't worth VIP. Everything else is the same. Just glad I'm not paying or would be seriously angry. Not at end of first week. Still bored silly...1 more week to go.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 07:37
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

You have a private bar and section know the beach also , correct? Did you try the milk shakes at the coffee bar and lobster at the steakhouse yet?

Edited: 20 May 2018, 07:40
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Riu Palace

I don't like Lobster or Seafood but did go to the steakhouse last night and was best food I've had here so far. The Italian was rubbish. The vip private pool is not worth the extra $100 extra per day to go VIP. So anybody who is thinking of coming here don't upgrade to VIP. Rooms exactly the same as main building. I personally would recommend a different hotel.

Edited: 21 May 2018, 09:10
Reply to: Hotel Riu Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted