We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Adult only resorts

1 post
Punta Cana Adult only resorts

Looking at Breathless, Hideaway Royalton, and Secrets Punta Cana. Definitely want a swim out room, which place is the best to stay at?

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

Just letting you know that there are 2 Secrets resorts in Punta Cana. You have Secrets Royal Beach in the Bavaro Beach area and there's Secrets Cap Cana in the Cap Cana/Juanillo Beach area.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

Secrets Cap Cana would be a great option. Anything else important to you other than swim out?

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
186 reviews
3. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

Secrets Cap Cana out of your choices. Also the most expensive out of your choices.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

A swim out room is a great gimmick. looks good in pictures as well. But the reality is most people don't use them. Sure everyone tries them out at first. Then they might use them a bit mid week but that's about it. The main thing is in most cases swim-outs don't go anywhere not to the main pools or a bar they just go to other swim-out rooms in that particular block of rooms.

You could spend the day at the swim-out and clean out your mini bar and the snacks but its not the same as hanging out at the main pool. where all the food , drinks and activities are located.

Whats more important is when are you looking to go and what are you looking to spend. This will determine how to get the biggest bang for your buck.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

I have tremendously enjoyed my swimup suites at the Majestic Colonial, Majestic Elegance, and the Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real. Definitely got plenty of use out of them. It all depends on the layout of the swimups rooms/patio areas are designed. At those 3 resorts that I mentioned, their swimup pools aren't boxed in. I also have a swimup room booked at the Mirage for my upcoming stay in Aug

It's a personal preference for sure. Some people can do without, some people (like me) love them.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Punta Cana Adult only resorts

Yes Swim-ups like the ones you mentioned actually go someplace. Aka a bar or part of a bigger pool. I personally like those types as well, especially the ones with a bit of grass in between the pool and your patio. Like the ones you mentioned and Secrets Royal Beach.

Others have said (Especially in the Play Del Carmen mexico forums and a few people here) those resorts mentioned above there version of a swim-out is really not a true swim-out because there's no stairs into the pool from your patio door (splitting hairs) Resorts like Secrets Cap Cana and plenty of others in Mexico those "True Swim-outs" people are staying in those rooms but because they don't go anywhere your isolated. But those true swim-outs do look great in marketing pictures

Reply to: Punta Cana Adult only resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted