We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Boston...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Hi all,

I am heading to the Paradisus Reserve in a few weeks, and I saw when I booked through TripAdvisor that the cost does not include the resort fee.

Does anyone know how much this is? Or ball pack from previous stays in the Domincan? I just want to make sure I'm not blind sided.

Any help would be apprecaited! Thank you!

- Jim

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

In my experience of booking the Paradisus resorts, any fees and taxes were already paid at the time of booking. When I arrived at the hotel I didn't have to pay anything extra if I already prepaid. This has actually been my experience with all the hotels that I have stayed at in D.R.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

I never paid any resort fee. There were some pretty high taxes on that shocked me when I booked (around 25%), but no resort fee. When we left after two weeks, there were only 2 charges that I had to pay: about $15 for my daughter to get her hair braided and about $2 as a donation to UNICEF.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,443 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Hi Jim

Can you not email ahead and get correct information?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Husker Mike

I hear you!! Glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinking this. I think the taxes and fees are pretty high at the Paradisus resorts in Punta Cana. I didn't notice that at all when I booked in 2015 and 2016. I feel like I got sticker shock when I was looking this year.

I'm a Melia Rewards member, so I've always booked directly on their website. I don't know if that's the case for trying to book the Paradisus resorts third party sites as well.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 06:02
Reply to: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted