We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Boston...
1 post
2 reviews
Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Hi all,

I am heading to the Paradisus Reserve in a few weeks, and I saw when I booked through TripAdvisor that the cost does not include the resort fee.

Does anyone know how much this is? Or ball pack from previous stays in the Domincan? I just want to make sure I'm not blind sided.

Any help would be apprecaited! Thank you!

- Jim

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

In my experience of booking the Paradisus resorts, any fees and taxes were already paid at the time of booking. When I arrived at the hotel I didn't have to pay anything extra if I already prepaid. This has actually been my experience with all the hotels that I have stayed at in D.R.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

I never paid any resort fee. There were some pretty high taxes on that shocked me when I booked (around 25%), but no resort fee. When we left after two weeks, there were only 2 charges that I had to pay: about $15 for my daughter to get her hair braided and about $2 as a donation to UNICEF.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
12,114 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Hi Jim

Can you not email ahead and get correct information?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?

Husker Mike

I hear you!! Glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinking this. I think the taxes and fees are pretty high at the Paradisus resorts in Punta Cana. I didn't notice that at all when I booked in 2015 and 2016. I feel like I got sticker shock when I was looking this year.

I'm a Melia Rewards member, so I've always booked directly on their website. I don't know if that's the case for trying to book the Paradisus resorts third party sites as well.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 06:02
Reply to: Paradisus Reserve - Resort Fee?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted