We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
11 posts
Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

I recently booked a 6 night stay at dreams punta cana .. i put in my online reservation & over the phone that we will be traveling with my toddler . I was advised by the rep not to disclose her true age ... she’s 2 currently but will be 3 by our travel date . He then told me he wasnt going to put in her true age & not to worry that they wont ask to see her birth certificate . I was also told they really only charge to discourage parent from bringing small kids . I was just curious if anyone else has traveled to any of these resorts with a small child ? Im concerned they will charge us more if they find out shes actually 3 & yes i know its wrong but it not like shes getting a seperaye bed or really eats much

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,497 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

Have they got there own passport?

They will most likely take a photocopy of the passports, but it's a chance you'll have to take.

I'd say you'd be ok, but be prepared just in case.

Enjoy your family holiday ☀

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

They take your passport and they will take you baby passport too so they will know the age.

Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

they will ask for passports at check-in

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

If your TA is telling you no they will not charge he/she should have confirmed with the resort.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

You need a new travel agent.

One that is honest. This one is not.

Has the TA ever been to a resort?

They always take and make a photocopy for their records. So they will know her true age, and know that you are trying to cheat the system.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

Edmonton_mamma, as always, talks sense.

Your agent's advice is dreadful.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,469 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

I fully agree that you should change your Travel Agent

In this case I would contact them in writing and advise them that if you are charged an additional amount you expect them to refund the additional costs

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15,057 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

I was just going to say the same thing as FFM... if they do end up charging you then your TA should anti up, get them to put that in writing or in an email.

All passports will have to be produced at the airport and the resorts. I can see the resort waiving it but not the airlines.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
370 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

Depending upon the time of year you are traveling, Kids under 12 stay for free at Dreams, all you pay for is airfair.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 12:08
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?

Did your agent tell you the same thing about the airline? The airline will NOT let ti pass. They are subject to big fines. Your 3 year old must have his/her own seat

I expect the resort will charge too

The fact that your agent even discussed blrth certificates shows he/she is an idiot. The hotel and airline won't care about that since they have to see the child's passport (which has the birthdate.)

Edited: 14 May 2018, 12:01
Reply to: Does dreams punta cana verify ages of small chldren ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted