We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts on rewards points???

nyc
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts on rewards points???

Are any of the All Inclusive Resorts part of a rewards program, or points system? I would like to use a large points bank on a vacation, but These hotel companies do not seem to participate in rewards.

I already can get my flight n low points usage , so I have that end covered.

4 replies to this topic
Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts on rewards points???

We accumulate points through our credit card and book our trips (all-inclusive packages) through the Travel Agency, which is part of this credit card financial establishment.

Don't know if this helps....

Christine

Minnesota
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts on rewards points???

If you get the right card you can just book the trip the way you normally do on your card and when your credit card statement comes you can call them up and redeem the points. Doesn’t matter what resort or airline or who you book through. We do it all the time and get about 1 trip for 2 people completelypaid for every year.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts on rewards points???

Most of the larger chains have reward systems (Barcelo for example offers increasing discounts for each stay, plus a voucher for 5% of your booking to spend at hotel, plus other small perks). Expedia has a decent points program, if you book from the Expedia app you can triple-dip - you get Expedia points plus your credit card rewards plus points through most of the other reward programs like Aeroplan.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
17,392 Reviews
Dominican Republic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts on rewards points???

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. This way I can use points on whichever airline and resort/hotel I choose.

Some perks that come with the card is car rental insurance, trip cancelation insurance, Global Entry/TSA application fee credits, and Priority Pass Select membership

Reply to: Resorts on rewards points???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted