We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saona Island

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Saona Island

My partner and I are looking at doing this excursion but I just wondered who /which company was best to go with? And if there are any differences between different groups.

Also please recommend any other good excursions Thankyou

5 replies to this topic
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saona Island

Seavis Bayahibe usually gets good reviews and they do a trip to the turtle hatchery at Mano Juan but , iirc, this is motor boat only. Otherwise look for a trip which is speedboat out and catamaran or trimaran back - you can't party on the speedboat. Viator has lots of these.

The best is to go to Bayahibe and book the boat & itinerary you like best. That way you can avoid the tourist herds and go to a deserted beach and have the boys cook a lobster (in season) for you - which is precisely what we did first time to Saona.

Catalina island (Caribbean) is also worth a visit for diving/snorkelling as is Cayo Levantado at Samaná (North Atlantic). I found an excursion which goes to Samaná bay and Las Terrenas but it's GBP145 ish.

Mentioned in this post
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Catalina Island
Catalina Island
479 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,747 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas
Dominican Republic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saona Island

We went with Seavis tours. Fantastic Day,

Seavis has a turtle hatchery at Mano Juan and we got to hold a baby hawksbill turtle.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saona Island

We did Saona island with Pro Excursions. proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/to… We liked that you are on a 45 ft. catamaran both ways instead of a small speed boat. They had an open bar, music and dancing both ways. We were the only English speaking people on the boat that day, so they brought a guide on the boat for just for us. We booked before we arrived and paid the morning of the tour. We would definitely do this tour again.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 07:40
Grand...
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saona Island

Try Renny Travel

He has a Facebook page

Great guy

murillo
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saona Island

your already on a beach on an island.. waste of $.. Try some snorkeling if you want to go up that way.Look in (Things to do) up above just under the green line across the screen..

Reply to: Saona Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted