We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saona Island

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Saona Island

My partner and I are looking at doing this excursion but I just wondered who /which company was best to go with? And if there are any differences between different groups.

Also please recommend any other good excursions Thankyou

5 replies to this topic
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Saona Island

Seavis Bayahibe usually gets good reviews and they do a trip to the turtle hatchery at Mano Juan but , iirc, this is motor boat only. Otherwise look for a trip which is speedboat out and catamaran or trimaran back - you can't party on the speedboat. Viator has lots of these.

The best is to go to Bayahibe and book the boat & itinerary you like best. That way you can avoid the tourist herds and go to a deserted beach and have the boys cook a lobster (in season) for you - which is precisely what we did first time to Saona.

Catalina island (Caribbean) is also worth a visit for diving/snorkelling as is Cayo Levantado at Samaná (North Atlantic). I found an excursion which goes to Samaná bay and Las Terrenas but it's GBP145 ish.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Saona Island

We went with Seavis tours. Fantastic Day,

Seavis has a turtle hatchery at Mano Juan and we got to hold a baby hawksbill turtle.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
888 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Saona Island

We did Saona island with Pro Excursions. proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/to… We liked that you are on a 45 ft. catamaran both ways instead of a small speed boat. They had an open bar, music and dancing both ways. We were the only English speaking people on the boat that day, so they brought a guide on the boat for just for us. We booked before we arrived and paid the morning of the tour. We would definitely do this tour again.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 07:40
Grand...
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Saona Island

Try Renny Travel

He has a Facebook page

Great guy

murillo
Level Contributor
7,185 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Saona Island

your already on a beach on an island.. waste of $.. Try some snorkeling if you want to go up that way.Look in (Things to do) up above just under the green line across the screen..

Reply to: Saona Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted