We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance AO section

Ohio
Level Contributor
360 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance AO section

My wife and her sister will be at Majestic Elegance in late May. They are not staying in the AO section but would like to scout it out for potential future visit. Is it OK to walk around the AO area? Don't really know how they police that.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 21:42
13 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

You can walk around the whole resort you just can not use what is in the club sections.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

Wrong!

They will be removed from Club section if you are not a member. Seen it many times.

The bracelets they give you will determine which section you are staying

They can request a tour of the Club area. They will arrange that

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

Been there two times and people walked freely thru these sections. There is no security stopping you from walking thru or looking at it. They do have security removing people using the facilities of the club. . People walk around the resort all the time.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

Been there 14 times and I KNOW they will be removed!!!

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

How many tours do you think they will have if everyone who was not staying at the club section wanted to walk around and see it. Maybe on the beach but nothing is roped off or security guards stopping anybody walking inside the resort. Removed if they try to use the club facilities but not for looking around.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

To ease fears or embarrassment, I think that if your wife and sister are just upfront and honest about briefly checking out Club grounds for a future visit if asked, I think that would be fine.

They definitely can't use the pools, lounges, bars, and restaurants. They will be asked to leave.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

I think they should ask the front desk for a tour of the resort, including those areas.

I did see people asked to leave the club area during my stay, but honestly wasn't paying much attention and people probably could have walked through there and left quickly.

Grand...
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

I have seen resort security ask non-club guests to leave the area. Some people may get past without being noticed. But if they see you they will stop you.

This is a fantastic resort with a great bunch of employees. I would almost bet that if you went to the front desk and asked for a tour and explanation of the extras you get in club they would be more than happy to take you.

The club manager is Linda. See if they can meet up with her

Edited: 10 May 2018, 07:42
Summerside
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

The club manager Linda Bauer just got a promotion and will be moving over to the Majestic Colonial very shortly. Wishing her all the best in her new job.

murillo
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance AO section

Have seen them move ppl trying to set up a lounger .. i'd walk through it..

Reply to: Majestic Elegance AO section
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted