We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Rutland...
6 posts
fishing

My husband and I are staying at trs turquesa 4/7 to 4/14. He is an avid flyfiserman. He is wondering if it is worth bringing his flyrod to fish the beach early morning? Is there fish from the shore? If so, what is caught from shore that time of year?

6 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
1. Re: fishing

"... is worth bringing his flyrod to fish the beach early morning?..." - No.

Rutland...
6 posts
2. Re: fishing

Why pal?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
3. Re: fishing

Hardly he will catch anything... Punta Cana is not (not even by far...) a decent spot to fish in DR... IF fishing is really important for him (or both...) you need to consider changing your location... what i do not trust you will do, so...

Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: fishing

Yep take the pole, don't expect any keepers but some little ones are out there. The Dive shop guys fought over the little ones :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
63 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: fishing

Just FYI ... I hadn't seen anyone fishing from the beach before until last week ... if front of Sunscape Bávaro two boys with long cane poles with bobbers ... their Dad's would put something on a little hook ... and the kids would drop it in the water. Usually only took only a few seconds and the kids would pull out a silver colored fish, all about 3-4 inches long, and the Dad's would unhook the fish and throw them back, and re-bait and repeat.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15,054 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: fishing

not too much to catch off shore in front of the resorts, be sure not to fish in the swimming or buoyed areas.

Reply to: fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted