We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

5 posts
Save Topic
Money

I am going to punta Cana for 2 weeks can anyone recommend how much money i should take and what type of currency?

12 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

US$ works best. You can pay for excursions with CC so if only for tipping and small purchases you won't need much. We normally take $300-400 for a week.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,686 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

US dollars will be fine . How much depends if you are doing anything extra like gifts, spa, romantic dinner, laundry etc.

Around $400 should be enough with out any extras.

Edited: 08 March 2018, 01:48
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Inside the resort USD, outside Dominican Pesos will work better but they will accept USD.

"...how much money i should take..." - it's a personal option, depend how you plan to spend it... i never go with a lot of money to DR...

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

We are wanting to do a few excursions but apart from that all inclusive.. would this still be enough?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money

As I mentioned, use your CC for excursions. Saves you from carrying a lot of cash especially if you need to exchange to US$.

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Money

Sorry what is CC? And do you have any experience on how much the excursions etc range from in price? Any help about the trip would be great as it is our first time going somewhere like this

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,686 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money

CC is credit card. Excursions from $30 to $150 per person depending on the excursion.

Edited: 08 March 2018, 03:20
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money

What resort are you going at?

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Money

I am staying at hard rock hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive but looking at a few things to do during this so dont want to take less money than needed, i am not wanting to use my card would prefer to deal with just cash if possible

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money

Very nice resort and not too far to do various excursions. You should be fine with cash. Just keep in the safe... LOL. Not sure what type of excursions you are looking for but have a look at puntacanamike.com for a more local culture and smaller group type excursion.

Reply to: Money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted