We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only 6 more days left for ...

Haledon,NJ
11 posts
Save Topic
only 6 more days left for ...

hey mis amigos,

I'm actually new when it comes to posting in this forum

but, I've been reading some of the many helpfull tips from many of you guys. I have a trip to the gran ventana in 6 more days and of course the questions never stop lol.

who is the best person to book trips with?

Where is the best beach at? PP,Sosua or Cabarete?

Cheap form of transportation within the country? ( I have been on tap taps on Haiti so I don't mind if I have no leg room)

Main street in PP, sosua and cabarete thas has all the action?

Thanks for your valuable opinions!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,964 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

mamajuanaybrugal

As you are staying at the Gran Ventana the best guy to go and see for your trips is James at Caribbean Excursions and Equatic Centre, his prices are very good and he is covered by insurance, many past travellers have used him, he comes highly recommended by both myself and them. He is just a short walk from the GV located in the Plaza on the Playa Dorada Complex. Here is his website with contact details.

https:/…home-1

The beach is great just infront of the Gran Ventana with snorkeling, both beaches at Sosua and Cabarete are well worth a visit too,

Cheap form of transport will be the gua guas which can be flagged down up on the main road outside of the Playa Dorada Complex.

Angie.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

hi there mamajuanabrugal

best people to book trips with are carlos and james over in the plaza you cant miss carlos he has a significant limp unfortunatly and james has a unit you wont miss it

best beach from the reveiws i would say caberete maybe im wrong but as your staying at gran ventana take a walk to the left or right great coast land

cheapest way to get around local bus gua gua but only on the outskirts of playa dorada complex so you have 15 to 20 minute walk well you could talk a horse and cart to cut the time lol

Haledon,NJ
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

Thanks Angelina52 and ianm581 for your fast reply, does anyone know what is the main street in cabarete/sosua? The street where all the action is? Where you could dance merengue and bachata and drink mamajuana and brugal and eat some mangu and watch the sunset at the beach? Lol

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

Here is some info for you:

Sosua: Great beach lined with shops, bars and restaurants. Rent a chair and have your drinks and food served to you on the beach. It is also the best beach for snorkeling in the area and all the catamarans stop here for snorkeling. The reef is a gentle 50 yard swim from the beach. The water is usually very calm with generally NO waves at all and the water is crystal clear.

At night the main street is 'party central" but do be aware most of the revelers hera are single men and "working girls". However some terrific places for dinner before the party gets into full swing:

Cabarete:

Beautiful 6km long beach with all kinds of sport activites including wind surfing, boogke boarding, kite boarding and swimming. In the town (only one main street) lots of shops and restaurants/bars. The beach here also is lined with them and again rent a chair and eat beach side. Here the restaurants are open at night (beach in Sosua closes at dark) and enjoy happy hour at one place watching a beautiful sunset with your toes in the sand and then enjoy beach side dinning at one of the many places. After dinner hour many of he restaurants and bars become clubs and the music and dancing goes on to the wee hours of the morning. Here you will find a good mix of locals (Dominicans), Expats and tourists. Less "ladies" around but still enough if you are so inclined.

Hope this helps

BObK

halifax
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

LOL..............LOVE your name !!

mamajuanaybrugal !!,

Haledon,NJ
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

halifax69: lol, yea nothing is more great than drinking a nice brugal and drinking lots of mamajuana shots while smoking a dominican cigar by the beach.

Bobk: thanks!, now I know where to tell my carro publico driver to drop me off at

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

Careful BObK...."working girls" and "ladies"? I guess you mean hotel staff and management when they have a day off!...glad I got THAT clarified.

Pura Vida

8. Re: only 6 more days left for ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 15:34