We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

Kamloops, BC
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

My husband and I are going to Catalonia Royal Bavaro in 21 days. My husband was wondering if it is safe to leave our stuff on the beach while we are both in the ocean? I would like to say yes, as it seems pretty safe sbd secure but being this us our first vacation ever we honestly don't know. It's not like havin our towels, sunscreen, and travel mugs stolen would ruin the trip but would like to hear what you would do.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

Your towels, sunscreen, hats and such should be just fine. The staff does keep an eye out. However I would not leave my IPAD, or wallet out.

BObK

northern maine
Level Contributor
224 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

We leave our things at the beach. But do not have any valuables in our beach bag of course. We have never had anything touched or bothered. Have a great vacation!

Kamloops, BC
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

Thanks for the information. I can't wait!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
374 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

We went to Catalonia Royal Bavaro a year and a half ago in October. We always left things in our beach bags while in the water. Once we walked down the beach for over an hour and we left everything there, except for our cell phones and camera. I use an Envirosax bag for my beach bag so I tie the handles in a knot, put our two beach chairs close together and put the beach bag under the table between the two chairs - making it a little difficult to just grab! We also did this in Bayahibe last October. We have never had a problem.

5. Re: Leavin your stuff on the beach.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42