We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vh gran ventana - hair dryers and voltage

Ontario
11 posts
Save Topic
Vh gran ventana - hair dryers and voltage

Hey!

Going to gran ventana on Friday.. Wondering how the hair dryers are and if I should pack my own.. Also was reading from previous posts that straighteners do not work due to voltage?... Is this accurate?

Thanks!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,751 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vh gran ventana - hair dryers and voltage

Sorry I can't help you with your question about the GV hair dryers, but the Dominican Republic has 110 voltage same as in Canada. The posts you must have read may have been initiated by Europeans who have 220 voltage. Bring your straighteners that you'll be able to use them.

A word of advice though, if you, like me, pack them in my carry-on, don't do this when you leave the DR. Put them in your checked bag. You can't go through security with a flat iron here.

For your question on the hair dryers at the GV, post once again in the Puerto Plata forum. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147290-i64-Puerto…

Happy travels,

Silvia

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vh gran ventana - hair dryers and voltage

If you have the type of hair that will need taming with the Caribbean weather then i highly suggest bringing your own hair dryer/ blower. Every room has one provided but they are not very powerful. Other than that have a great time!!!

3. Re: Vh gran ventana - hair dryers and voltage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 19:19