We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Which Roseau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
496 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Inquiring about beaches close to the Cruise Port,( Roseau) from what I am reading the beaches in dominica are not real nice.

If anyone knows of a sandy beach with facilities not too far from the Cruise Port please advise.

Traveling with 9 family members plus 3 year old, looking to spend a few hours on the beach.

If anyone knows cab fare prices to the beach, plz let me know

Thanks

Ontario
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Mero beach is your best bet. Email "Llyod Taxi Service" for fares at lloyd.andrew@hotmail.com or try searching taxi services in Dominica for other contacts. I am just recently home from Dominica and was at Mero Beach on two occasions during my stay. I have always enjoyed Mero and still do.

Portsmouth, Dominica
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

I would go to Scotts Head personally. A small fishing type village very close to Cruise dock with little cafes on the sand (rocky sand). Great snorkeling.

The best beaches are in the North, but at an hours journey not really convenient for you.

Have a good time.

New York
Level Contributor
496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

thanks all

It appears that Dominica is not a place for Seniors to relax at the beach for a few hours....

Most likley best we go into town for a bit & perhaps check out Scotts Head.

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Hey,

I just e mailed him to get a price to go to Mero beach and back to our ship. This place looks very peaceful and good food!

Thanks

london
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Conn4, can you share how much? Thanks!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

I wouldn't " just go in town a bit", there is so much beauty on Dominica to be seen! At least look into hiring a driver, with a van, to bring your family to some of the amazing attractions. A nice drive to Emerald Pool and Spanny Falls , perhaps. A very good tour guide, is Jenner Robinson. His contact info is: Jenna23dm@ yahoo.com. He has a vehicle that will accommodate your party, and his a wealth of knowledge about the island. Enjoy!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Dominica mainly has volcanic sand (black) beaches. From information on any beaches and costs I would recommend you contact Jenna Robinson (male) on jenna23dm@yahoo.com. I did a private island tour with him on 30 December 2013. He is very knowledgeable about the island and also a very safe driver.

Regards

Suzanne Coleman

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Suzanne I would love to hear more of what you did. We are on the island soon and are interested. Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, only now seeing it

I think the cost was 35 euros each. It was only myself and hubby. "My Sisters Tours" are great. She gave us a tour of the island and then took us to Mero Beach..... And waited for us to go back to the ship when WE were ready!!! The beach is beautiful, very peaceful, hardly anyone there when we wre there. We had lunch at Connie's restaurant and a few cheap beers!! The ocean was a bit rough when we were there but still played in it.

If you go you will love it!! No hassles at all! Enjoy!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Hi

I was met by Jenner Robinson (email jenna23dm@yahoo.com) at the cruise berth in Roseau at 9 am. He took my friend and I to the Emerald Pool, arriving before all the coach tours. It is a beautiful place and at that time only 4 other people there. Jenna is very knowledgeable and informative about the island and it's flora and fauna. He then took us right across the island to the Carib Territory and the heritage village, which I had requested to visit. I have written a review of this village you might like to check out. We saw the interior of this unspoilt island and the Atlantic coast was beautiful. On our return we went to the Botanic Gardens and Morne Bruce (a viewpoint overlooking Roseau) This trip took around 5 hours and left plenty of time to look around Roseau before the ship sailed. Jenna is a very safe and careful driver. The trip I did was 150USD, plus entrance to Emerald Pool 5USD and Carib Village 10 USD.

Hope this is useful

Enjoy your trip

Suzanne

If you wished to see other parts of the island he would take you whereever you requested.