We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero to Havana day trip

Toronto, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Varadero to Havana day trip

Does anyone know of a reliable, affordable and English speaking transit method/taxi method to get from Varadero to Havana and back? Four of us looking to go for the day and come back at night. Any connections or suggestions welcome :)

Mentioned in this post
7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

most taxi driver in Varadero speak English you can pick a taxi at your hotel at the front, just pick a car there are tons of cars taxis coming back at night from Havana just negotiate the price before you take the ride.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 07:37
Mentioned in this post
Toronto, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

Would you happen to know the average price? Do they typically go by per person?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

there charging about 100 cuc one way into havana , but I would not pick one up at the hotel just walk down the road wave down taxi a lada make a deal with him, or you can book the bus 1 day in advance from your resort at the travel desk at your hotel to pick you up but they only sell 1 way tickets, its way cheaper by bus, the taxi charge by the car if you have a group of 4 same rates as 1 person, the classic cars will charge more for the ride, the yellow cars charge more also airconditioned and newer cars, its over 2 hour drive into Havana from varadero .

Edited: 16 May 2018, 08:01
Mentioned in this post
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

We just came back from Varadero. The yellow taxi at the hotel wanted 25 CUC per person each way (we were 4 so 100 CUC). We went with a bus tour instead because the tour price was reduced to $59 USD at the hotel. I was happy with the tour. We had a good guide and it included a good lunch. A lot of streets in old Havana are pedestrian only, some areas are restored and others aren’t so I appreciated the guided walking tour, but you don’t get a lot of time to explore on your own. Now that I’ve had the guided tour, next time I might go by taxi. I’m sure you can negotiate the rate down from 100.

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

Four guides that the members our FB group specialized on Varadero recommand highly are :

Antonio Montana (See his Facebook page) – email : tonymont@nauta.ca

Yuri Alvarez Martinez (il est sur Facebook)

Yenny Perez Pino : perezpinoyenny@nauta.ca

Hesbiel Jerez Mustelier : hesbiel@nauta.ca

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

Authentic Cuban tours.

We drive in classic car and spent the whole day learning about Havana and the Cuban people. Jessica speaks amazing English and will answer any question you have.

Ride in classic car.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 5*

Mentioned in this post
winsford
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero to Havana day trip

Hi , we are out on Saturday and have booked 2 nights in Havana with booking.com (very cheap) we needed a return transfer for 4 people, we were put in touch with Alejandro from Cuba trip compass , they are brilliant he responds to emails straight away and gives all the info and options available 👍 he came highly recommended from other trip advisor users . We are traveling in style in an old classic 👍

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Reply to: Varadero to Havana day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted