We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Hi Everyone,

I just booked this hotel for June , i'm staying in a family suite with my husband and two daughters (12, 13yrs). I chose this hotel because I stayed here in 2013 and had a great time. I want to start by saying that I don't have high expectations for Cuba as i've been here 4 times ... but the bad reviews I am reading are downright disgusting...... pillows smell like pee? bugs being cooked into food? bad smell throughout whole resort? No toilet paper and fridges not restocked the whole week?

That is just unacceptable if its all true. Having a hard time deciphering if people are just being petty or if I have something to worry about.

I would appreciate your thoughts if you've stayed here (good or bad) , might look into switching properties ....

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
11 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Same here Christina I have booked for 10 days in June at the Laguna Azul.. Some of the reviews are really amazing to read that they had a terrible time and it's a terrible place.. But then there are others that give 5 STARS and they say it's EXCELLENT. It's really confusing.. I have been trying now for over 2 weeks to get in contact with the management of the place and no such LUCK...

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

If you have stayed there before, and take Cuba as it is, then it should be fine. People who expect 5* in Cuba, or can't go with the flow, are often frustrated in Cuba.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
montreal
Level Contributor
11,681 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

I have stayed in this resort 3 times last time was in 2016 and always had a good time not saying everything was perfect but nothing that would spoil my vacation .

The complains I had about the resort were the people working at the Buffet don,t even know why they wake up in the morning to go to work as I never saw so many lazy people working at the same place which by the way was unfair to the ones who would do anything for you so you had a good time .

The other complain was also for towels in a 14 day vacation I wonder if they ever changed my towels more then 4 times so what I did it was a simple trick that a Cuban friend who is a maid on another resort was to wet all my towels that way for sure I would get new towels .

Other then that food at the a la carte was very good never had a problem getting in but as a 3 time visitor it sure helped as I knew the staff and they always had a table waiting for us .

As for what you were reading we always listen to the complainers instead of listening to those that had a good time besides 99,9% of people don,t even make a review besides most of the food beeing cooked how do they know bugs are beeing cooked with the food they are in the kitchen with the cooks to see such a thing ???.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

My only complaint was that I went during low season. Resort wasn't full and they never had any plates at the buffet. I was frustrated at first more because people started getting rude and pushing when new plates came out but then I just relaxed used kids plastic plates when I had to and remembered I was lucky to not be home working .

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Agree with gat0 - buffet restaurant staff is pretty much useless. Every morning they would ask if we wanted coffee or juice and we never got it. Same at dinner ...food was passable. This resort just has a lot of issues - maintenance is not a priority. As you know, the resort itself is beautiful, the beach and pools are wonderful. On

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Good point. I think I need to stop looking at reviews, period. Lol

Thanks for your reply :)

Edited: 16 May 2018, 03:59
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

A few years back we went to Iberostar Playa Alameda for the first time, and leading up to our trip the reviews were dreadful. We had a good time. When we got back I read the reviews from the time that we were there and they were dreadful. We went back a second time and it was good

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Playa Alameda Hotel
Iberostar Playa Alameda...
3,483 Reviews
Cuba
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

That resort isn't very old is it. 10 years maybe?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Reading all the reviews about The Resort from the people who went there is that some like it and some don't ... How come??? Is it that the people who like it don't mind about the STUPID things there is? And the people who hate it are very FUZZY about everything? Is that about right ? It's very confusing for people who are going there for the 1st time like myself. One last thing is it a good or bad thing to read the reviews? Hope to hear your comments... Thanks....

montreal
Level Contributor
11,681 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul

Wow all those 5 stars for the resort all I can say is read the older ones you will have more of an idea for the resort because those reviews made for the past week most of them seem fishy to many happy people in the last 20 reviews which makes no sense when we know you will get a couple of bad ones but not at this place as everybody seems happy .

Reply to: HELP- Honest opinions about iberostar Laguna Azul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted