We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

winsford
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

Out on Saturday and weather looks horrendous, or am I just getting naff weather reports, i know May is start of rainy season but it looks like it is just constant😭😭😭🌧️🌧️ may stay at home unless the sun comes out ...any info 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 staying hopefully. TIA

8 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

I just got back - you can search weather and see what everyone else says - it always shows rain - it rarely happens. It showed lots of rain for the week of May 6th - it rained one morning, a few nights overnight, and then most of one day. For the most part though, the weather was gorgeous. But, as with any vacation, even if you stay in Canada, the weather is what it is....

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,014 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

kat7winsford:

Well I presume you come from the UK where, as you know, the weather is quite beautiful at the moment. However nowhere near as HOT as Cuba. You may get rain but usually it only lasts for 20 minutes or so and then the skies clear and the sun comes out once again. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the weather. Go and have a great time.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

some had commented that it was quite rainy last week with some flooding and bugs are bad..but then you see #1's comments and perhaps not that bad

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

Mosquitos are really bad. There was heavy rain Saturday till mid afternoon and flooding. Thursday it rained for a couple of hours during the day. The rest of the rain was overnight. Several people were badly bitten (knock wood I escaped relatively unbitten). I'd definitely recommend bug repellent with DEET and some Benadryl. Polysporin triple action cream seemed to help one girl really get rid of some nasty bites.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

May is rainy season in Cuba its tropical island, winds come up fast from the ocean warm and cold air mix =rain

Edited: 16 May 2018, 08:10
winsford
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

Oh boy πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ weather looks better here ,think I may stay at home πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒž

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,014 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

kat7winsford:

It may have been good the past two to three days, but not today!!

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??

How is it now? Any update?

Reply to: Boring I know but what's going on with the weather??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted