We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chances of prices going down

St Thomas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Chances of prices going down

We are hoping to book Navati resort 1st week of July for my wife and I plus two young grand children . What are the chances prices may drip closer to trip. Peter

16 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chances of prices going down

Hit or miss. Seems like prices are going up starting in fall and into next year. Being summertime that you are looking at, you MAY be okay to wait.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chances of prices going down

July is always high season and the chances are close to nil of going down. Good Luck..

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chances of prices going down

The last few trips we have booked for April, May, July and August, the best pricing was around 8 weeks before. After that, the closer we got to the date, the higher the price went. I think the days of really good sell offs are almost long gone. Find it very few and far between, sadly.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chances of prices going down

The best prices is the middle of June and that's when I always book my vacation..After that it's Good Luck..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chances of prices going down

Iv looked into it for august for me the same package same dates same hotel from last year pricing its gone up 300$ im still waiting to book but seats are going fast i go into havana from toronto i have no options air canada or Cubana. I dont want to fly into Varadaro.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chances of prices going down

Most of the time the problem is the flights fill up before he hotel is sold out, i was told that by my travel agent. on some travel sites it will tell you how many seats are left on the flight and day you need as the date becomes closer

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chances of prices going down

I've booked (different resort) for the first two weeks of July. For my trip, prices were at their lowest about 3 weeks ago, and have gone up $220 (for two people/2 weeks) since, so not a drastic jump.

What you may want to do is play around with the dates on your travel website to see if the same trip is more/less expensive in the weeks before your trip. This might give you an indication of whether or not prices may still go down, but there would be no guarantees as it is based in part on how full the flights and hotel already are for the week you are going.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chances of prices going down

A lot of people are now booking the off seasons because it tends to be cheaper and that is driving the off season prices up also. The winter prices are almost out of reach now especially for cuba. I think the days of great prices for cuba are going to be a thing of the past. Sell off vacations still have good deals if you are not looking for a particular hotel and can travel anytime, but most people have to book holidays in advance because of jobs.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chances of prices going down

ann has very good advice. Watch selloffvacations. I don't think I've ever seen Naviti, but I've seen Los Cactus come up. Maybe broaden your choices of hotels and roll the dice.

selloffvacations.com/…

toronto
Level Contributor
861 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chances of prices going down

July really isn't off season as kids are out of school and vacations in Cuba can be cheaper than renting a cottage or staying at a lodge in northern Ontario and you have a better chance of decent weather. Also, with all the summer weddings, many honeymooners still head south. I consider of season May, June and September through the beginning of December off season.

Reply to: Chances of prices going down
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted