We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Palmeras

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sol Palmeras

So we are looking at booking this resort - pretty consistent reviews for price point we are looking for.

Looking at some pictures and videos and trying to determine the room type to book. Hotel room or bungalow? Do all the hotel rooms have balconies? Are they all pool view? Do all bungalows have a separate bedroom and then a sitting area? Do the bungalows have a sitting area outside?

Would appreciate any input on either choice and any specific room numbers or areas to request or avoid.

Wifi - is it available? I get its hit and miss, but hoping to be able to connect a few times during the week to touch base with home.

Plaza Americas- walking distance?

Thanks for any and all input ! :)

8 replies to this topic
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
119 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Palmeras

You can go on thie page from a travel agent who is just coming back and published a lot of pictures : https://www.facebook.com/nancy.beauchesne.9…

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Palmeras

The attached will give you the room details and bungalows, just click on room, all rooms, and layout. When we were there we had a fourth floor suite overlooking the pool, balcony was huge, loved it.

meliacuba.com/cuba-hotels/hotel-sol-palmeras

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Palmeras

Thank you!

Any input in the wifi? How much it costs?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Palmeras

This info was on one of the reviews.........There is an office also on the 2nd floor where you can buy cards with wifi codes. the cards say they are good for an hour - you can sign on and off various times a day with the same card - but we found they ran out before an hour. But they only cost $1 so not a big deal. wifi connection was excellent!

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Palmeras

We stayed in a 2BR bungalow. It had a sitting area at the front porch. Not much of an ocean view but we liked the unit, it was quiet and spacious. When it was pouring rain we would have preferred to be in a hotel unit, but they have club cars to bring you around. Plaza America is 3 minute walk past the gate by the medical unit (at the far end of the bungalow area).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Palmeras

@tracy. Surprised to hear you say Plaza America is a 3 minute walk! I’d say it was 2-3 minutes from Melia Varadero which is beside Plaza America. Even cutting through from the beach area.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Palmeras

Are the 2 bedroom bungalows with separate sleep area for kids and parents? Hard to tell from pics I’ve seen. Thanks

Ps - actually maybe I’m looking at 1 bedrooms. That’s what comes up for our family but it looks like we’d all share a bed lol

I can see family bungalows. Are these the 2 bedroom?

Edited: 17 May 2018, 09:17
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Palmeras

Looking at the layout of the family bungalow, it shows 2 bedrooms up.

Reply to: Sol Palmeras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted