We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I'm planning to stay there solo for 3 nights in August. (August 3-August 5) How is the vibe at the resort? Is it dead? Is there alot of Canadians? Young crowds? Retired people?

5 replies to this topic
Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Never went in August. Been to Starfish Varadero twice. We enjoy this Resort. Great people working at Starfish. It's more of a family resort. Hope this helps you out. There is more then one Starfish resorts in Varadero.

😎

Mentioned in this post
Starfish Varadero
Starfish Varadero
1,190 Reviews
Cuba
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I find in August in Cuba more European tourist, fewer Canadians that's why I go in August and weather is great.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I stayed at the Starfish Varadero a couple of years back for the last week of July/first week of August. The resort wasn't busy, but wasn't dead either. The guests were typically either Canadian or Cuban while we were there. At the time, the guests were a mix of families or younger couples. It wasn't really a party resort during our stay, but that can change based on who arrives in any given week.

Mentioned in this post
Starfish Varadero
Starfish Varadero
1,190 Reviews
Cuba
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

We were there in September......the main pool ( closest to the beach) was almost completely taken over by Cuban families ( lots of kids)

This is NOT a criticism, they were all having a lot of fun, and it was nice to see.

However, as a couple of senior women, who prefer a bit of peace and quiet, we found the other pool ( behind the hotel) much more to our taste.

We actually only use the pool for a quick dip in the late afternoon, after spending the day on the beach and in the ocean, and ( since we were staying in the main hotel) this suited us perfectly.

It is a nice resort, with a gorgeous beach, and a nice mix of guests....families, seniors and quite a few younger people too.

Barb

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Which one? I went to Starfish Varadero in August one year. It was busy enough. The pool bar/restaurant by the front pool wasn't open, but it was otherwise lively. Lots of Quebecois and Cubans on vacation. The Cubans were fun to share a hotel with.

I really liked the hotel. :o)

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted