We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I'm planning to stay there solo for 3 nights in August. (August 3-August 5) How is the vibe at the resort? Is it dead? Is there alot of Canadians? Young crowds? Retired people?

5 replies to this topic
Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Never went in August. Been to Starfish Varadero twice. We enjoy this Resort. Great people working at Starfish. It's more of a family resort. Hope this helps you out. There is more then one Starfish resorts in Varadero.

😎

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,233 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I find in August in Cuba more European tourist, fewer Canadians that's why I go in August and weather is great.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

I stayed at the Starfish Varadero a couple of years back for the last week of July/first week of August. The resort wasn't busy, but wasn't dead either. The guests were typically either Canadian or Cuban while we were there. At the time, the guests were a mix of families or younger couples. It wasn't really a party resort during our stay, but that can change based on who arrives in any given week.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

We were there in September......the main pool ( closest to the beach) was almost completely taken over by Cuban families ( lots of kids)

This is NOT a criticism, they were all having a lot of fun, and it was nice to see.

However, as a couple of senior women, who prefer a bit of peace and quiet, we found the other pool ( behind the hotel) much more to our taste.

We actually only use the pool for a quick dip in the late afternoon, after spending the day on the beach and in the ocean, and ( since we were staying in the main hotel) this suited us perfectly.

It is a nice resort, with a gorgeous beach, and a nice mix of guests....families, seniors and quite a few younger people too.

Barb

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?

Which one? I went to Starfish Varadero in August one year. It was busy enough. The pool bar/restaurant by the front pool wasn't open, but it was otherwise lively. Lots of Quebecois and Cubans on vacation. The Cubans were fun to share a hotel with.

I really liked the hotel. :o)

Reply to: How busy is Starfish Resort in August?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted