We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying limes

Ottawa
Level Contributor
261 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Buying limes

Hey all - bringing Caesars with us on our trip. Anyone know where we can buy limes?

14 replies to this topic
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying limes

Not sure, but you can take some lime packets with you.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying limes

Some times yes , some times no .

We always take a plastic squezzy lime .

Johnny C

Ottawa
Level Contributor
261 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying limes

I don’t love the fake lime stuff. I figured there must be a grocery store or street cart that sells them

4. Re: Buying limes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 May 2018, 07:58
Edited: 11 May 2018, 07:58

Ottawa
Level Contributor
261 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying limes

I just don’t like it, preference is real limes. I figured there was somewhere I could buy them.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
893 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying limes

We bought some at Melia Marina. They have a little (very little), fruit and veggie stand. As said, it is hit and miss. You won’t find a store to buy any. Not that I’m aware of. Maybe at the Santa Marta market? I would take a squeeze bottle just in case. 😎

Mentioned in this post
Santa Marta
Santa Marta
Santa Marta District, Colombia
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying limes

Depends on the time of year for fresh limes off of a cart... limes are harvested late July through October in Cuba.

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
8. Re: Buying limes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 May 2018, 07:00

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying limes

oh, caesars the drink I thought seizures to cut sorry I got all confused on my post.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 07:08
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying limes

As others have said it depends on season. Last few trips we have stayed in independent apartments and do our own cooking and “bar tending” sometimes every produce stand has them, sometimes you can’t find them anywhere. Some of the stores sell tetra packs of real lime juice. One option is to ask a resort worker if they can get some for you. In the market limes usually sell about four or five for 1 cuc, depending on weight...in Havana at least.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Buying limes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted