We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Varadero

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
1 review
Excursions from Varadero

Hi guys,

We are staying in Havana for a few nights and then we have a week in Varadero. We would like to do a few day excursions (definitely Trinidad) but where wondering if we should go with the travel company that we booked our holiday with or wait until we get there and go with a local company? Does anyone have any recommendations/experience regarding this?

I cannot seem to find any local Cuban companies online that do only day trips to Varedero.

Thank you.

15 replies to this topic
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
7,965 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Excursions from Varadero

"I cannot seem to find any local Cuban companies online that do only day trips to Varedero. "

Do you mean from Varadero?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Highly recommend Cuban Connection Tours - they are excellent!!

cubanconnectiontour.com/en/4-tours/6-trinida…

Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Hi, I took a look at the link you posted for a tour to Vianles. I am heading to Cuba soon and this looked of interest. How do you go about getting a price for the tour and how did you travel, it doesnt say what the mode of travel is and the cost??

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Yes sorry my mistake!!!!

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Thanks will check them out!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Excursions from Varadero

I highly recommend Cuban Trip Compass. http://www.cubantripcompass.com/tours.html

We were just there last week and had a very enjoyable experience with them.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Excursions from Varadero

At the bottom of the page there is a "Book this tour" - enter your information and a date and in the comments explain you are interested in this tour and would like to inquire re costs, etc. They were very quick to get back to me and we did our tour of Havana in a classic car.

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
1 review
8. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Thanks for all of your help guys. Did you make your bookings before you arrived or did you do it while you were there?

Thank you

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
1 review
9. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Sorry one more thing! Were these group bookings or couple/people you travelled with?

Thanks (again!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: Excursions from Varadero

Hey we missed the very difficult to catch tours a few years ago, this taxi driver guy drives a mad Peugeot sports car and looks like the guy from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I think we paid standard tour price for 2 people and he just drove us around to that cave, took us diving in one of the playas (this was in 2016 soo can’t remember)

Roly Cabrera (01)52 70 30 74

Ave 3ra # 1821-Ae/ 18 y 20 veradero matanzas Cuba 👌

Tell him some aussies got taken around two years ago and had a good time

Edited: 11 May 2018, 21:24
Reply to: Excursions from Varadero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted