We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuban Adventures Tours

perth
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cuban Adventures Tours

Has anyone used this company and can I please have any feedback. Their website looks great and just what I am looking for - a grassroots, well informed but comfortable tour. Are there any alternative tour companies that you can recommend?

Thanks

171 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I used this company in December 2012 and did the 15 day tour. I can't recommend them enough. The group we travelled with were great and ranged in ages from about 24 to 68 and we all got on excellently- I think you have to when you do this kind of travelling. We felt that we were given a real insight to the country. Maybe it makes a difference what guide you get but we had Natalia and seriously couldn't fault her. She couldn't do enough for us, always made sure we were happy and informed and she was a mine of information on Cuba. She took us out and stayed with us the whole time if we wanted. She introduced us to locals and told us the way things really work. Yes the home stays are more like b&bs and you don't eat with the family per se, but if you are willing to enter in to the spirit of things then you can get a lot out of other locals and everyone is friendly and willing to chat. The hotels are ok, I guess it is what you are expecting. I was happy with them but I always see them as just a place to sleep and they were clean and safe. The minibus was clean and always there on time, the driver was lovely and the same throughout tour. I loved it and I saw loads more doing with Cuban Adventures than I would have if we had done it by ourselves. Having said that...when we did want to some independent travelling at the end of our tour, our guide, Natalia helped us out no end, using her own time and resources to help us arrange things. Maybe it's the luck of the draw but I seriously couldn't fault them.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 08:33
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I am looking to book a trip to Cuba with Cuba Adventures in October. The reviews have been so positive except for Leegun in Australia who posted in early June. I am curious why he had such a bad time...was it the particular group he was with, or were his expectations too high? Would be interested to hear publicly from Cuban Adventures, or other more balanced thoughts.

Rosedale Johnny (Toronto)

d b
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Yes, I have travelled with Cuban Adventures tours back in February.

I was with a small group and our tour leader Natalia was excellent. They arranged transportation from the south of Cuba - Baracoa up to Havana. They sorted out the "casa particulars" (guest rooms) we stayed in along the way and assisted us if there was any problems. Of course, if your budget is a bit more they will help with hotel bookings too.

Our whole itinerary of places of interests/history was introduced to us with a brief walking tour of each stop, and then the rest of the day was left to yourselves to explore. This is great benefit especially if your Spanish is weak or non-existent. This kind of help in Cuba is well worth it!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

My partner and I did a three week trip through Cuba and it was one of the best holidays we had in a long time. We did and saw so much and really got a taste of the real Cuba. The organisation was so professional and helpful and we had the most amazing guide called Natalia. I look forward to our next trip with Natalia :-)

Best wishes,

Alan & Criostoir (Ireland)

Bern, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I (female, 30) went on an 8-Day-Trip. (Havanna - Viñales - Maria la Gorda).

My tourguide was Natalia and I can highly recomend her. She cared for everything and everyone. She found a solution for all kinds of problems.

We were a group of 8 people - like a family - it was fun sitting at the beach together in Maria la Gorda and talk for hours. But in the same time we had always the possiblity to do something: going for a walk at the beach, going out for dancing salsa, snorkeling, sightseeing - a lot of action. And if you're not in the mood, you can do something by your own (for example staying in town or reading...). I wouldn't have been able to organize so many activities by myself during this short time. The People in our homestays were always friendly. But at that time I wasn't able to speak Spanish. That's another reason why it was a good choice to travel with a group. Our tourguide told us a lot of times where you get overcharged and she recomended a lot of things (for example small and very interesting places to go out - instead of going to the places all tourists are going).

I took a lot of memories with me - I got an idea of Cuba and the Cuban life.... that's why I went again to this Island half a year later :-).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Lee gun: Having read so many positive posts on CA, including how great are the guides, I asked for other travelers' input as to why your post was so negative...all I got was more positive posts! All I can guess is that your expectations were too high (not the Nacional...really??...single supplements...BnB's not homestays) or you just were in a rotten mood. I guess I am not persuaded...

Edited: 12 June 2013, 08:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Well I have to agree with most of the comments here. My trip was amazing! I chose the 8 day trip called Beautiful Cuba with the following itinerary: Havana - Soroa - Vinales - Santa Clara - Cienfuegos - Trinidad - Havana. Our guide Natalia was very knowledgeable, she knew answer to every question and nothing was too much to ask her. We all had such a great fun with her. The home stays were a great opportunity to mix up with the locals (practising my Spanish is always a bonus), the food prepared by the house ladies (we were always given a choice of what we would like to eat) were always so tasty that later on, when we had to stay in hotel I wanted to be back and have some home made meal. As somebody mentioned before, the great thing about this tour is that certain activities are planned for the group (it was only 10 of us) while the other are optional in your free time. So it all depends on you, whether you decide to go to the beach, take a class of salsa or perhaps go hiking with your new friends from the group or just stay in the casa particular and rest.

I would definitely recommend to go on such a tour, just ask yourself what you expect from the trip and choose the itinerary accordingly as there are quite few to choose from.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 23:56
sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I had a wonderful tour of Cuba with Cuban Adventure Tours. The group was small and our guide Natalia was absolutely amazing. We received loads of information about the history of Cuba, the people and their lifestyles. Natalia's passion and expertise took the trip to a whole new level - I just loved it.

Accommodation was great and I particularly loved the home stays. The families were so warm and welcoming and the standard of accomm far exceeded my expectations.

Cuba is an amazing country and through Natalia's insights, I left feeling like I knew the country. I will definitely be back and will be booking with Cuban Adventure Tours. Thank you for such an amazing time!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I'm really curious. What are the chances that all of you people, first timers on TA, know about this thread so you could make your comments??

The chances that this is a coincidence would be astounding. Did you all get emails telling you to come to this company's defence or is it really just that you all happen to be reading this at the same time and responded. Am I reading way too much into this? Am I becoming a conspiracy nut?

Edited: 13 June 2013, 21:14
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

I agree....the most amazing PR campaign I've ever seen for this company. Just a little more than coincidental I'm sure, and a bit transparent if you ask me....to the point of ridiculous.

Terry

Reply to: Cuban Adventures Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted