We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cricket tickets march 2014

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
cricket tickets march 2014

so we have booked for march 2014 at the savannah beach hotel to celebrate my birthday ( hey if you have to turn 40 where better than Barbados!) but we also know there will be 3 T20 cricket matches between England and West Indies during our stay

So my question am I best booking tickets for this before I leave or will they be readily available on the island during our stay? We don't care where in the ground we sit we have watched cricket before at the Kensington Oval and the best times we have had is when we have sat with the 'home' supporters

anyone have experience of this because we don't want to miss the matches

thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

bajanwanabee

Since it is March 2014 and it is England, I would definitely try to source them before leaving the UK. England has a massive following.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

For peace of mind I would get them before you leave. When England play abroad a lot of fans follow them, not as many go and watch ODI's and T20's as they do for the Tests but there will still be a lot of England fans out in Barbados for these games.

We got tickets for the T20 World Cup matches in Barbados before we went from the WICB website, a few people got tickets out there and didn't have a problem but I would still advise getting them before you go to make sure you're not disappointed. A couple of website links below that should help :

https:/…default.aspx

http://www.windiescricket.com/

I would imagine that the tickets will go on sale at the end of this year or early next year.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

thanks for the replies I will keep an eye on the website and book before we come - thanks for the help!

BORDEAUX
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

hi-does anyone know when tickets are likely to be available and where they can be purchased-I have phoned Kensington Oval numerous times but only get an a recorded message asking me to leave my number and they will come back-but they dont! I have also tried their web site and they have no details of the upcoming matches so it is not possible to buy any tickets. I have also tried the big ticket agencies in the UK (although I actually live in France) but no luck -sorry if I am being thick but does anyone have any suggestions or is it just a question of waiting it out a bit longer

many thanks

di

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

JOHNBordeaux

Yup, you'll have to wait it out just a bit longer. Keep checking www.windiescricket.com

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

Tickets for West Indies games aren't released for sale as early as tickets for England games are. I would imagine they'll go on sale late this year or early next year.

You won't be able to get them from any of the ticketing agencies in the UK, keep checking the WICB eTicketing website, when they do go on sale that's where you'll be able to get them from.

https:/…default.aspx

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

Does anyone have any idea of how much the tickets will cost?

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

Would think they'll range from £10 - £20 depending on where you sit. They certainly won't cost as much as tickets for International T20's in England.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

I think we paid 25USD for tickets for the T20 World Cup a few years ago - and that was for the Final. Worth every penny and more since England won!!

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cricket tickets march 2014

Ok, and what about a test match in the Bahamas?