We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone rental Bermuda

Fairfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
cell phone rental Bermuda

Have you rented a cell phone in Bermuda? I need one to help keep in touch with another person while on the Island for a week. Looking for recomendation and costs.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
USA
Level Contributor
29,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

Sorry...never had the need or felt compelled to use a cel phone in Bermuda,...but using your personal US cel phone in Bermuda much would be expensive...in the neighborhood of $2-$2.50 per minute for most US cel phone carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc). If you will require a cel phone for a lot of useage, then your idea of renting a phone locally may be a good idea. Check out this provider--

BERMUDA CELL PHONE RENTALS--

http://bermudacellrental.com/

but as I recall (??), though the daily phone rental charges were modest...the per minute charge was high.

Depending on the type of cel phone you already have, you may be able to purchase a new SIM card for your existing phone...but I'm afraid I'm not certain of the technical details of doing this.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

Check www.cellone.bm they have an unlimited pre-paid plan. You would need to bring your own unlocked gsm phone and get a sim from cellone. Ask your carrier or any 15 year old if you're unsure about that.

Fairfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

Thanks, but

CellOne would cost $37 for 100 minutes/200 in network, plus i'd need to buy 2 phones accepting SIM card ($70/each). Good if staying in one place for more than a week.

I can rent 2 phones in Hamilton for $2/day each and $.60/minute local calls from BermudaCellRental. Has anyone dealth with them? We just want phones for emergencies. I wonder about any headen costs, ie tax. Any issues you can think of?

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
USA
Level Contributor
29,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

There MAY be an additional BDA goverment tax applied to the rental (??)...but I'm not sure. Someone who would be sure would be Robin Henagulph at BermudaCellRentals-- E-mail: robin@BermudaCellRental.com So perhaps you should direct your inquiry (and any other concerns) to her (??).

baltimore
Level Contributor
728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

Verizon added on to my cell phone for 4 days while i was there- call your cell-phone provider- think it was 50 cents extra per minute. Also can buy cards at Bermuda- 10-25 minutes...- similar in price per minute- major areas(Horseshoe Bay...) still have pay phones...

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Horseshoe Bay Beach
Horseshoe Bay Beach
3,008 Reviews
Bermuda
Bermuda/London
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

Yes, I'm a him!

$2.00 a day rental; sixty cents a minute in and out; toll USA Canada UK ROI an extra 50cents out; text in free; out local 5c O/S 25c. Collect & deliver anywhere $25.00. Free from Hamilton. No other charges (unless you drop it in the sea!)

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
7. Re: cell phone rental Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 21:18