We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. George Club, Bermuda

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
St. George Club, Bermuda

Has anyone been to the St. George Club recently? We just changed our trip from (rainy) Hilton Head to Bermuda. This was the only hotel available on the island. We will be traveling with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. The reviews don't look too promising here. But I'm hoping (praying), someone has great things to say about it! :-)

5 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
30,428 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: St. George Club, Bermuda

Sorry...haven't been into the Saint George's Club....but there have been problems reported and the property appears to be in the process of some sort of '..transition..' from an all time-share based model to a more conventional hotel model.

>>>...This was the only hotel available on the island...<<<

Even during peak High/Summer season I find it difficult to believe that there are no other hotel availabilities in Bermuda during your proposed travel dates ??....or do you mean no other hotels that meet your particular family's personal preferences, priorities, special needs, expectations and/or budget ??

Perhaps if you provide some of these NOT-so-minor details you can get better and more meaningful suggestions for alternatives ??

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
1 review
2. Re: St. George Club, Bermuda

Maybe it's the only timeshare property that they can exchange for their Hilton Head property.

USA
Level Contributor
30,428 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: St. George Club, Bermuda

...and the ONLY time-share property still in operation in Bermuda.....but to the best of my knowledge, there are no properties in Bermuda where Hilton Honors points can be exchanged

Edited: 16 May 2018, 14:55
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: St. George Club, Bermuda

I would avoid it. The last time we were there, in 2017, it was in disrepair. Very little to no maintenance on the units and while the grounds were mowed, there were lights that were out and some masonry had given way.

The pools were good and it is nice to have the use of a kitchen for meals, especially with children. There is a $60/pp mandatory charge for the restaurant. The prices at the restaurant are not cheap but only a little higher than most restaurants in Bermuda.

Just be aware of he condition of the property.

1 post
5. Re: St. George Club, Bermuda

Good Morning

As the new Hotel Manager of the St George's Club, please let me address some of the many changes we have made over the last few months. Since the beginning of this year The St George's Club has moved from a Timeshare Model to more of a Hotel Model, while we still value our remaining membership and continue to honor the contracts with them we are now also selling as a hotel. One of our main focusses has been a proactive approach to maintenance of the room product, which our new maintenance team has been working diligently to improve.

Additional upgrades to the Bar & Restaurant on property with a refurbishment and new food and beverage and culinary team. We are now serving Breakfast 7 days a week and Lunch and Dinner 6 Days a week (with this set to move to 7 days soon). Blackbeard’s Hideout, our Beach Restaurant, has gone back to what made it a local favorite with relaxed casual Beach Bar vibe. Both restaurants have made the price a little more accessible to all as we aim for the Family Travel Market we feel we are perfectly suited for. For photos of some of the changes please visit either our new website, www.stgeorgesclub.com or on our social media pages.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions through the hotel or if there is anything I can do to make your trip special. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kindly,

Pete Kyle

Hotel Manager

Reply to: St. George Club, Bermuda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted